Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

slammed on 15"

...........and also a set of 17 inch borbets.

Which are now sitting in my garage waiting for a refurb and fit ready for next summer when I finally get away from this job in the desert :D

but it would be on 17s which would have the same overall diameter due to the lower profile tyres used...?? surely it makes no difference to the likelihood of scraping save for the added suspension "travel" in the larger sidewalls?

Fair point, but if you went 15's in my opinion they need to be wider to make up for loss in diameter so as not to make it look like its got no wheels, then you start getting into stretched tyres, losing tyre profile car goes lower etc, end of the day there is so many choices available and opinions on what looks and works, its each to their own really.

Fair point, but if you went 15's in my opinion they need to be wider to make up for loss in diameter so as not to make it look like its got no wheels, then you start getting into stretched tyres, losing tyre profile car goes lower etc, end of the day there is so many choices available and opinions on what looks and works, its each to their own really.

Fair point, I can see what you mean. Had mine dropped *a lot* when I first got the KWs on there (with the standard speedlines) and it was a nightmare even with the standard size tyres on, the cat guard would spark going down bumpy b-roads :lol:

Pah. Stop being girls. Mine was dropped a good 3 inches on 15s - to avoid scraping you just need really hard suspension with no travel. You can go really low then ;)