Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Cream Leather Arrived! ARGHHHH!

Glenn, for carpets, I believe the ordinary carpet cleaning products you can buy in places like Tesco are as good as any at reasonable prices.

I adopted this policy after reading advice from others on this forum. Special car care products are probably overpriced, but cannot be certain of this.

I like the stuff you spray on from an aerosol, work in and then vacuum off.

The cream leather and carpet is difficult to get totally clean, I have found from my own car. Still, you have a good chance now that you have the bits all out of a car. 8)

i have this thing called a little green cleaning machine, its ace for carpets, feck knows where you get them.

got JD & coke out of a GF's dads brand new white carpet quite well :lol:

Yeah Iain,

I've used this frustrating time to clean up all the trim, leather etc as best I can. Carpet needs really cleaned though - it's doesn't look great. Good thing is I can lay it all out to give it a good clean.

As an aside, years ago carbon tetrachloride was a brilliant cleaning solvent.

Cleaning ladies used to splash lashings of it around the office.

Had to be banned as it destroys the ozone layer iirc and some cleaning ladies died, too, as it is absorbed through the skin and heads straight for your kidneys. :( (Ah....the good old days, none of this pc nonsense or Health & Safety to spoil your fun. :lol: )

Best carpet cleaner ive used is Meguires All purpose cleaner, really handy stuff as it can be used for anything really, wheels, engine bay and carpets.

When i did mine it brought it up a treat...

Bloody hell Glenn, you've been through the wringer with this interior swap!!! Glad its all working out though.

Let me know when the black bits are out and we can arrange a time for me to visit.

I may need a couple of extra bits & bobs over the 4 cards & seats, if thats ok? Some bits of the interior of my C have led a hard life...

Well - got my final missing bits of interior today - just in time for Christmas. Probably wont get it fitted until January now.

I am still missing one bit though - the beige handbrake cover - anyone got one spare or know where I can get one?

Cheers

They are obsolete from the dealers, tbh i made a replacement for mine from leather which looks loads better and have put the original on the spare bits pile..

Glad it all got resolved in the end for you..

i used a string mix of fairy liquid and a sponge to clean my carpets. worked really well and went over them with 1001 carpet cleaner once a day for about a week after fitting and came up like new...

handbrake cover's are obsolete buy if you got to a local trimmer im sure they could make you a suitable cover in leather for not a lot...

Get craking on getting it swapped over, i did mine all in one day with a help from a friend. but the plastics and stuff can be done in the evenings in spare time and just do the carpets on stuff on your day off ;)

another tip non-chlorine bleach works wonders on the leathers to keep it mint, although i didnt tell you that (ive never done it but a top show car driver insists its the best!)

Best best with the carpets is to use some Vanish stain remover spary for your clothes. Spray that on to any marks and then fill the bathtub with hot water and Persil washing powder. Leave the carpet to soak in there for a while and then get a hard brush and give it a good scrub, section by section. Just watch that bath water turn a mirky black! Then givve it a good rinse down with the shower head and hand to dry. Once dry, spray with some carpet protector and away you go.

One thing - when you refit the seats, make sure you protect the carpet by the rails, otherwise you get black grease marks on your newly shampooed carpet.

Cheers Furkz.

I will get it done soon - it's mayhem the now with Chrimbo and me on shifts though - I reckon I could easily get the majority fitted in a day and do the wee silly plastic bits later as you suggest.