Sign in to follow this  
Dee-Vub

New Rado owner

Hi folks.

I'm phil watson, and 20 years old from bonny aberdeen in the north east of scotland.

I'v just bought my first rado, well stuck the deposit on it and pick her up on the 15th ov nov being the day after i get back from offshore. Its a completely mint vr6, but i am not going to say much else. I'll get pics up of her when i pick her up in a couple weeks.

A little bit about myself with regards to my car back ground. I'v only owned the 2, both being mk5 polos. First was a jazz blue 1.0litre which got written off due to some dafty pulling out on me :( So i really liked the mk5 so decided to stick by, and got myself a flash red 1.4 8v match. A really good car that i decided i wanted to properly modify.

FEEL FREE TO MOCK!!! I was a young and naive 18 year old at the time, with obviously no sense in style :lol:

Philscar002.jpg

I spent thousands to get that monstrosity on there!!! :shock: But as soon as it went on and before i got it sprayed i ABSOLUTELY hated it!! Soooo, i started again, well being a bit demoralised by the amount i spent and how wrong it went i was just going to put her back to standard....so ordered up some new bumpers etc etc. But before i put them on, i thought hmmmm why not get the car smoothed since it was basically ready for it anyway....so i did! Spent a lot of money once again and got her looking like this.

Picture002.jpg

3.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Was relatively happy with the way it was looking at this time. But then i came across the polo forums, clubpolo and uk-polos and this introduced me to the whole 'euro-style'

I set about immediately changin the wheels and put a set of coilovers on her. Also put on a GTI grille, put pressed plates on and black angel eyes. This is what she looked like at the polo show 2006

show39pl5.jpg

393.jpg

I Still wasnt too happy with the way she was though, so went about a few more changes......GTI splitter, black mirrors, black b-pillars, in-pro headlights, hella rear lights, in-pro sidelights, BBS RM 15x7.5 & 8 and audi TT leather seats.

I was relatively happy with the way she was at the moment, but i tell you....60bhp can get a little depressing, so since i had spent so much on the car already, i tough screw it lets just do a conversion.

GTI with 125bhp

Fit like Lad, welcome to the fold. I remember how much sh1t we gave you about your Polo back in the day. Things turned out pretty damn nice in the end.

You'll probably miss your Polo but your Rado is going to be a whole new experience. You'll probably never sell it. I've owned one for 10 years now and I'll keep it forever. Still bored offshore ? Me too.

Hello mate! Another ex-polo owner (and clubpolo member) here! Had a mk2, then a mk4, then a Golf GTI 16v, picking up my first 'rado tomorrow! Welcome to the forum...

Fit like Lad, welcome to the fold. I remember how much s**t we gave you about your Polo back in the day. Things turned out pretty damn nice in the end.

You'll probably miss your Polo but your Rado is going to be a whole new experience. You'll probably never sell it. I've owned one for 10 years now and I'll keep it forever. Still bored offshore ? Me too.

Haha ye i remember aaaaall that! But you learn from your mistakes and i did, opened me up to a whole different world!

Bloody hell didnt realise you had it for 10 years :shock: Good on ya mate! And yeh i prob wont ever sell it, a couple of years down the line means i am fully qualified and will be able to have her as a 2nd wee toy :D

Cheers for the nice welcome guys, appreciate it!

already on the look it for wee bits and bobs to personalise the new rado :p

Alexander, congrats on your purchase aswell mate!! Looking forward to endless hours of fun....and that note :lol:

Yeh thats right buddy

Not got any of my own photos of the rado really yet since the engine went on me the day i got it :( Will get up in a couple of weeks while the new engine is being put in while i am offshore!

Its the hardest thing in the world buying a new car like this and not being able to drive it :(

Hahah! Here comes another one!

Hello fella! Nice to see you've joined the dark side..

Well done for going for a VR too! I'm loving mine.

(you might have seen me kicking about on clubpolo with my mk3 GT for a while)

Josh.