Sign in to follow this  
G Charged

oh yess, we have a working spoiler!

Not had my rado long, and the spoiler never worked since i had it.

so today decided to trace all the wiring, and found one of the faults, the spoiler now goes up and down on thw switch(not speed activated yet, thats tommorow...or sometime)

and ...HOW COOL IS THAT!, im like a kid with a new toy!, its jokes putting it up and down in traffic and seeing people reactions.

also managed to get myself pulled over....went up and down this dual carrigeway about 4 times trying to see if it would come up by itself, and it didnt:(, police pulled me over as they thought i was looking for a race :? ...once i explained i was merely trying to make my spoiler work (seeing the interior half in bits probably didnt give them a good impression as they walked up to the car, :lol: ) they was cool, had a nice chat about the car and let me on my way, whislt informing me that the particular stretch of road is a 50mph zone..hehe...err...whoops... :lol:

your v lucky, my spoiler will go up with the switch but wont come back down.

still havnt got round too fixing it, have had the car almost 18months lol

knew you would have it sussed soon as.good luck with the rest of the motor.def coming together now. :) I think the ability to raise/lower the spoiler at will is one of the coolest features on the car.I use it manually to ward off potential saxo,clio etc wanabees.when they get too close behind I raise it revealing a small message.they normally back down.A few dont and get humbled the other way :evilbat: heh heh!

OK really stupid question - where is the switch on a 1991 G60?? Not had much of a chance to see the interior of my new C since I got it home on sunday and it wasn't immediately obvious!

OK really stupid question - where is the switch on a 1991 G60??

Just by your right knee..................assuming you're driving of course :lol:

and today decided to have a look at the speed activation on the spoiler, wohoo, i got it working!!

decided to take out the centre console and clean up the wiring a little, and wired my remote amp lead into a spare heater switch :D

coudnt neaten it as much as i wanted due to the alarm wiring, so im gona rip the alarm out, sell it on ebay and fit one properly. 8)

managed to identify one of the rattles in the car too, little bracket that 'i think' holds the undertray on, cos i coudnt see anything else that looked straight forward there, will 'deal' with him tommorow when i put the interior back together

also theres a red and yellow wired plug which goes no where on my car, im assuming its a glovebox light, but my glovebox has no light...

that and i have two ariel leads:confused:

Yup, mucking around with mine today discovered that the 12 CD changer in the boot had no cartridge in it, and was full of dust (removed!), the amp wasn't wired up to anything (removed!) and the car actually has two alarms in, only one of which actually works. Isn't buying a new car fun???

lmao, yup, but at least you know once its done its gona be done proper!

taking the dash apart on these isnt difficlut at all.

i do need to find some wiring diagrams though....looks like the bently manual may be my next purchase...but i did get told from a reliable source its available online as a pdf for free....any hints to where i may find this will be appriciated!

veedub21, if you need, i have a spare switch you can have for the price of postage, otherwise ill just keep it incase mine fails, i seem to have traced all the wires for the spoiler, its worth noteing that the green/white and blue/white wire from the motor actually change to solid yellow (and green i think...?) in the left of the boot, in a plug.

One to watch with the spoiler is the motor itself going, a first sign is when it keeps blowing fuses!

Then you need to take the spoiler mech out of the boot lid and boy is that fun :lol: VW decided to

run all the wiring for the lights and the wiring and hoses for the central locking right through the

spoiler mech making it a bit of a pig to remove.

But getting it off and stripping the motor is worth it as a new one is silly money (if they are even

still available?) its basicly the same motor as the electric water pump on the VR

(I refurbed a furbard one for Toad still waiting for him to fit and test :lol: )

You have to love these cars! :D

my motor seems fine to be honest with you, but i got a spare motor incase:p

i am gona grease the runners, and it doesnt seem to be poppin fuses (yet..)

need to get my cooling situation sorted, cos im getting tired of having the heaters on full hot blast and having burning ankles, lmao

I know I had at least one near miss looking in the mirror to see the spoiler going up

and didnt spot that the car in front had stopped! :shock: thank god for ABS :lol: