Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

HELP! Broken drivers seat!

OK, can anyone tell me if the subframe splits from the actual seat body, or do i need a complete seat?

Was hoovering the C out this morning, went to adjust the height of the drivers seat so i could get underneath it to hoover the rear footwell, the seat shot up (cos i wasnt sitting on it!) and the result was a broken cross member under neath the seat towards the rear, so now i cannot get the seat to stay in 1 position, just seems to float up and down. Not ideal.

So, is it a subframe i need or a complete unit or what?

Any help greatly apreciated... And if you know of one for sale, i'm interested...

Cheers...

As far as I know they're one piece, could be wrong there as I've never tried to take a subframe off one.

I have a pair of grey leather fronts spare if you're interested in buying???

I can take a look at one of my spares tomorrow and let you know.

Think I have a drivers side seat for sale, could always pull the frame off the bottom and courier it to you?

As far as I know they're one piece, could be wrong there as I've never tried to take a subframe off one.

I have a pair of grey leather fronts spare if you're interested in buying???

Aha! What kind of condition are they in? Any pics? Oh and how much would you be looking for? Cheers...

I can take a look at one of my spares tomorrow and let you know.

Think I have a drivers side seat for sale, could always pull the frame off the bottom and courier it to you?

I'd really appreciate that Toad, could do with repairing rather that replacing, especially this close to Xmas! Cheers dude!

Right, the subframe doesn't look like it will separate from the rest of the seat. Could do you the seat base on it's own to try to save weight on postage? If it comes apart that is....

Had mine out on Sunday, there's a broken cross member toward the back of the seat bottom, gonna have to be a weld up repair i think.

Cheers for the kind offer Toad, but, as they aren't interchangeable, I don't think its gonna be of much use. :mad:

Bloody Corrado's! :( :lol: