Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Storm

Part number for this coolant hose

I've got a split in this hose on my VR6. Can anyone tell me the part number for it? And also maybe what it does? (I guess it's for the heater..?)

I took it to German & Swedish to see if they had a replacement but they closed at 16:00 (I got there at 16:01 :mad: ) Looks like I'll have to do a repair on the hose (it's only a small leak) and get it sorted next weekend unless I can find somewhere open on a Sunday.

I have a couple of numbers. I can't quite tell from my ETKA which is which. 1H0 819 371 and 1H0 819 373C are the two that feed the heater. Probably not too silly from the dealer.

Gavin

It's the hose to the heater matrix, yes.

Dealer-only part, I'm afraid. Neither GSF nor ECP will do these.

£38 + VAT IIRC... :(

Nice clean engine bay, by the way, clearly the hose hasn't deposited it's load of G12+ coolant completely yet...

By the way, failure on this hose can often be a result of weak engine mounts, so I'd get them thoroughly checked out at some point soon.

HTH.

I may have a spare... Let me check.

Cheers for the help guys.

It's only a slight split. I occasionally find a bit of steam rising from the bonnet. Thinking about it now it happens just after giving it a bit of stick - the rocking motion of the engine is probably enough to pull the hose enough for some water to leak onto the hot engine.

It has 50k miles on it, are the engine mounts likely to be shot after such little millage?

might be worth trying your local friendly FORD dealer.........they might be even cheaper than VW for the same part......ie for a FORD Galaxy V6

The Galaxy/Sharan uses a different part, AFAIK. It's a corrado-specific piece. At least that's what VW said..

Another 50k miles VR6 on the forum?? Which planet do all these low-miles VRs come from?!

No, I wouldn't expect the engine mounts to be gone yet, but it's still worth checking them. The hose does just go through old age, but excess engine movement (particularly courtesy of a gone rear mount) can accelerate it by putting stress on the top side of the hose by the cylinder head.

Thanks for the part number. I have done a temporary repair for now and will get a new hose for next weekend.

I used some Halfords hose sealing tape - worked very well. I'd recommend packing some if going on a long journey!

dr_mat - It is surprising how many low milage VR's are around isn't it? The person I bought mine from had the Corrado as a second car. I guess if you could afford to spend £22,000ish on a new and relatively impractical car then you'd also have something more boring and practical to go with it.....