Sign in to follow this  
enbee23

VR6 brake upgrade questions...

I have a set of 312mm front calipers/carriers on the way and would like to upgrade the rest of the braking system to suit.

Questions:

Is there an upgrade for the rear brakes using the VAG parts bin?

I'm guessing a regular set of Goodridge hoses for a C won't be right at the front with 312s, what do I ask for?

I've looked at the various brake disc options available and am preferring VW factory discs all round, is this wise?

Do Pagid still make the "Fast Road" pads? If not, what is the replacement version called?

Any other tips or advise?

Cheers.

Hi Bill. I've seen the 312 Wiki, ta. Just trying to clear up a couple of details I'm still not sure about. Brakes have got to be 110% right.

Do you mean Mk4 calipers only or change to the later Mk4 hub and bigger discs too?

I've heard that the aluminium 20V Mk4s are the caliper of choice and can be had for about £40-50 from the scrappie. Apparently, they plug straight in using a Goodrich Mk2 to Mk4 conversion line kit. They're apparently the same as Mk3s, but they're aluminium not steel.

I am hoping to run a GB on the forum here for a 280mm Rear Brake Upgrade Kit, subject to collective enthusiasm, which works with stock, Mk3 or Mk4 calipers fitted on all Corrado models. It also works on Mk2 and Mk3 Golfs and various others. Check it out here:-

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=64299&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If enough people sign up to it (min 20), we can have the kit for £205 each, which represents a saving of about £100 on retail.