Sign in to follow this  
IrishG60

Daily Driver or Toy - Poll

Is your Corrado a weekend car / toy, or your daily driver?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Corrado a weekend car / toy, or your daily driver?

• Weekend Car / Toy
    • Daily Driver
    • I've got Corrado's for both occasions!

Weekends for me too, had a garage built this year so not been out in the rain since Feb! Still manage to rack up about 3,000 miles in a year as I can't resist taking it out when it's dry.

VERY similar story here!! :)

Was only occasionally using the Storm, sometimes wouldn't move for 6 weeks until recently as I have decided just to enjoy driving it. Its going to be off the road for the next 2 months or so to be stripped and resprayed, after that I will probably use it daily and ditch the Leon.

Used to be concerned about the mileage, but then I am not sure why anymore. Running costs are not directly proportional to its amount of use IMO and while a future classic it maybe its never going to be worth more in £ with low mileage than the pleasure gained from 1000's of miles driven every year :-D

Daily.

But i work like 2 miles from my house, so i've stopped being lazy and i now ride to work instead, so the C is only used evenings and weekends.

Still a daily though as i use it if it rains. Sod riding in the rain!

Mines a daily, no choice at the moment but looking for a job closer to home so I can spend more on toys

rather than wear and tear :-( 40 miles a day over a year costs too much in bloody petrol!!

Mine's a daily driver but work is only 15mins away - so to be honest it is a toy as well as it doesn't rack up the mileage and I use the missus Ka for the shopping and stuff.

At the end of the day it's a 14yr old VW not an Aston Martin - no point couping it up.

..Used to be concerned about the mileage, but then I am not sure why anymore. Running costs are not directly proportional to its amount of use IMO and while a future classic it maybe its never going to be worth more in £ with low mileage than the pleasure gained from 1000's of miles driven every year :-D

Too true. It's easy to get caught up in the whole mileage thing, mine was sub 90k when I bought it and is now on 102-ish. My drive to work and back is only 20 miles a day, 4 days a week, and I take my girlfriends car out for journeys of less than 10 miles. The 'future classic' element is fine as long as you don't make the mistake of equating that with becoming a rich man off the back of it, and is certainly not the reason I bought the car in the first place.