Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

What's your biggest garage bill?

I'm in shock somewhat at the £7k Stealth bill.... holy JEESUS! I can see just how much work was done but if ever there was a motivator for rolling up your sleeves and doing some work on the car yourself, that would be it!

I'm in shock somewhat at the £7k Stealth bill.... holy JEESUS! I can see just how much work was done but if ever there was a motivator for rolling up your sleeves and doing some work on the car yourself, that would be it!

You may have a point there. :)

You may have a point there. :)

That kinda stuff depends on whether you have the facilities, knowledge, tools and confidence to do a rebuild yourself Jim. I certainly couldn't undertake myself what's been done to mine.

I certainly couldn't undertake myself what's been done to mine.

Oh - absolutely mate. I'm pretty crap when it comes to weilding the spanners but bills like that frankly scare me - I think i'd wade in blindly to try and fix a problem rather than landing a financially devastating bill like that though!

I bought my vr6 3.5 years ago for £2k, I have spent and have receipts for about £8k, I have only done 4000 miles in three years!! and now it's in the FOR SALE section for £3k :cuckoo:

I bought my vr6 3.5 years ago for £2k, I have spent and have receipts for about £8k, I have only done 4000 miles in three years!! and now it's in the FOR SALE section for £3k :cuckoo:

Oi! Nutter! :)

Yeah money was spent when i had a few less out goings and the car got used, now the time is approaching went other things need to take priority, as i have only done 4k miles in last 3 years can't really justify keeping it! certainly not that desperate to sell just yet tho... :)

5k in last 12 months no labour appart from tracking at kwikfit

tt engine

2 wasted recon turbos

new turbo

qpeng stuff

paint

wheels

samcos loads of em

rad,fan, pump etc etc

thats the first time iv ever added it up :shock: and now 300 quid in hide may aswell retrim it myself now lol diy :)

wonder how mutch id have spent if i didnt do it all mysen :)