Sign in to follow this  
tallpaul1977

Max Boost Pressure Of A K04

I don't think they like going much over 1 bar, maybe 18psi or so.

Most decent tuners consider circa 280hp to be the limit of the standard engine and turbo.

not too sure, but have seen posting of people hitting 1.7 bar on their s3s (wouldnt recomment this if you want it to last), mine runs between 1.3 and 1.4 bar I have a boost gauge that is feeding off the inlet and I consistantly see about 22 - 23 psi flat out (its probably a few psi out although not that far), I know this is inlet pressure but it coems after the intercooler so am guessing its about correct, Vince mapped it at 297 bhp and didnt seem overly concerned I think he mentioned that it saw more on its first run but set it here for a reasonably healthly and safe Map, it was seeing 1.5 bar when I took it in. I think taking them much above what I have anyway and you will really be loosing any realy gains of the turbo as the air will be bloody hot.

My K03S peaks at 22 PSI and holds 20 PSI up to 4500rpm before dropping to 15 PSI at 5500rpm. You can expect a couple more from a K04 for a bit longer I'd say. That's on a stage two Custom-Code map with intake and exhaust mods. 280 BHP seems to be what most modified Cupra Rs are making before people go for big-turbo upgrades.

samg60 what have you done to your engine? Mine is a standard setup apart from the Emerald and Forge adjustable actuator, turbo inlet pipe and turbo to intercooler pipe.

Hi Paul, Im afraid I bought the car as is so havent got a clue whether the engine is standard or not but I have a feeling it is, its a BAM 225 engine running DTA management with a fully wrapped manifold and downpipe blue flame exhaust, and a huge intercooler which I have no idea what its out of but really does take the whole front of the car up. The car was converted by an audi engineer and originally mapped by dubsport however the conversion had a few issues and I bought it from a forum member redlee, it transpired that they had screwed up a bit with the wiring of the coilpacks and injectors which together with Vince was rectified.

Same here. Mine was a ex dubsport Corrado with quite a few issues wrong with it. The Corrados off to Emerald soon for a day to be remapped, be nice to see at least 260bhp

silly question (not to hijack post) is there a great diference between the ko3 and ko3s? i have the ko3s , just curious.

no such thing as a K03S, its just what people call it. if you have a late 20V engine (2002 on i think) then it runs the later K03 which produces more boost and can therefore be mapped to produce about 230bhp.

think the later K03 has more blades on the impellors compared to the earlier K03. they also hold boost longer i think.

Quite frankly, I don't believe a word of that. I'm fully prepared to be proven wrong with some evidence though.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Quite frankly, I don't believe a word of that. I'm fully prepared to be proven wrong with some evidence though.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

dont believe what?

if you put the K03 and "K03s" together then you can see they have different numbers of blades on the impellors

VW dont call the later turbo a "K03s", its a term adopted by the VW community.

the only way for you to have a definitive answer to this question, you need to put the 2 turbos together. if however, you were not referring to this point, then i apologise!!! :)