Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Oh my god - I want one!!!!

Call me crazy - but since I was a wee kid - I always wanted a 1968 Highland Green Ford Mustang GT390 like Steve McQueen's one in Bullitt. Which is my favourite car movie.

God I'd love to import one.

The 2008 Bullitt Mustang:-

Love it! Me and the Mrs are hiring one (ok probably not as nice as that one) to drive from San Fransisco down to Santa Monica via Yosemite over the corse of a week or so as part of our honeymoon! I can not wait! 8)

Due to the £/$ differences at the moment you can buy one of the V8 versions for just over £12K - it's the shippping, taxes etc etc that sting you I guess!

Would love to have a play in the Shelby GT500 and would buy one in an instant if I lived state side!

Tis superb. It might "technically" be a pants car (if you listen to what Top Gear say about suspension, blah, blah) but I think it'd be great fun and looks superb :D

Tis superb. It might "technically" be a pants car (if you listen to what Top Gear say about suspension, blah, blah) but I think it'd be great fun and looks superb :D

Technically pants off the production line. But look at what you can do to them. Or have done to them to be more accurate:

http://www.roushperformance.com/roushtv.shtml

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d0XjkTnUY ... re=related

Ok, so a Lotus will still beat it around a track. But you get the idea....

They digitally sampled the engine note of the GT390 from Bullitt and have incorporated an engine management system and exhaust to replicate it. Check for it on youtube - sounds exactly like McQueen's one.

Fantastic.