Sign in to follow this  
Riley

My new daily motor! Still German!

I drove 220+ miles yesterday (i think) to collect this...As the Rado G60 has to come off the road :(

Spec:

1996 Bmw 328i sport with factory m-tech additions.

2.8l straight six engine.

197bhp

206lb/ft

0-60 6.4

Factory m-tech body kit and gearknob,side badges.

Factory m-tech suspension.

Factory lsd.

Factory bbs rc042-spiderWebE38ScenePointWinners

On board computer.

Remote full closure.

Black half leather interior.

Heated door locks by holding handle up.

Courtesy lights.

Electric windows/mirrors/tilt and slide roof.

Pics today after ive just washed the wheels in the rain :lol:

It has some bbs things on it,wheels i think :? :lol: the wheels are staggered, 7.5j on the front and 8.5j x 17 on the back.

Not the best pics as its ****ing down!

328isport0812071.jpg

328isport081207.jpg

328isport0812077.jpg

328isport0812079.jpg

328isport0812072.jpg

328isport0812075.jpg

328isport0812078.jpg

328isport0812073.jpg

328isport0812074.jpg

328isport08120710.jpg

Looks very nice mate but I thought the Rado was causing you enough financial grief.. I don't know how this is going to be any more affordable?!

They are nice cars man, that one was registered originally up my way here in Aberdeen city / shire area from the registration. Hope the factory recall Nikasil issue has been done though ? My mate had one in blue with grey leather interior before he got his e36 M3 (he's had a Boxster 3.2 and now has a new 350z now). Twas a nice motor, good luck with it :)

Indicaters :lol:

Jim,Im in debt up to my eyeballs until i sell the house anyway...Wanted something that still had a bit of street cred but didn't cost the earth,and i didn't really come up with anything else where you get so much car for the money 8)

Plus 'I WILL NOT MODIFY' Must keep telling myself that :lol:

BigTartanJudge,

It hasn't got the alusil block,but there is no blue smoke after idling for a while,or when giving it some stick...And the money i paid for it (after haggling about the nickasil),well it was worth a chance...it has full bmwsh too which is a little plus point i guess.

Cracking motors as you say. 8)

ps:How did you know that from the reg? Its first few services were at a dealer up there...John Clark - Aberdeen :)

Cheers guys,Neil.

Hopefully some trouble free motoring finally Neil.

Mate has 1 good car they are :D only his is auto which i despise.

His had a new engine before he got it after the 1st lasted 100k or so and im sure it was done by BMW but dont know whether the guy paid or not.

Aye,hopefully a motor i can just jump in and drive,not paranoid about speed bumps,big friggin holes in the road...being able to park it up and not be twitching the curtains etc :lol:

Bmw don't honour the replacements anyomre engine wise :( But apparently not all dealers get the info on whether the blocks been changed or not,and im going to check it tommorow to see if it has a tell tale tag on the block.

Neil. :)

They are nice. My Girlfriend's brother has pretty much that exact model. They seem pretty tough. He got it dirt cheap from a bloke at work and when I got to inspect it there was no oil in it! :shock: Car's are normally cheap for a reason. This is what I have to keep telling the people around me that insist on buying these shonky old tubs. :lol:

Anyway mate, your's looks pretty sweet. Good luck with her! :D

nice motor................9/10 tenth's a M3 in day-to-day driving............as for the reg most prefix reg's ending in SS/SO/SA are Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area numbers