Sign in to follow this  
Rod 1

cold in my car!!!

any ideas why my fans will only blow cold air? just had a new engine and my temp guage dont work either. are these two related? please help its colder inside that out in the rain lol :(

possible air lock in the coolant system preventing coolant being pumped through your heater matrix?

i'm sure someone else with far more knowledge will help more than this.

good luck

any ideas how this would be solved?

Yep run the car with the expansion cap off and with the heater on hottest setting and fan on full blast. Let the car warm up whilst squeezing all the radiator pipes (especially the ones going to the heater matrix) to get all the air out the system, when the fans kick in the water level in the expansion tank should drop, top it up a bit and put the cap back on. Make sure the heaters get warm though whilst doing it, if its staying cold then keep running the car squeezing the pipes until all the air is out the system and the heaters start getting hot.

wow 2 mins and my cars not cold. cheers lads really appreciate it. only thing is my temp guage still not working, any ideas on that? the engines out of a 1997 seat ibiza 2.0 16v.

Yep run the car with the expansion cap off and with the heater on hottest setting and fan on full blast. Let the car warm up whilst squeezing all the radiator pipes (especially the ones going to the heater matrix) to get all the air out the system, when the fans kick in the water level in the expansion tank should drop, top it up a bit and put the cap back on. Make sure the heaters get warm though whilst doing it, if its staying cold then keep running the car squeezing the pipes until all the air is out the system and the heaters start getting hot.

I'll have to try this tomorrow as I'm having the same problem, & like you Rod, my temp gague doesn't work :?

Rich

I'll have to try this tomorrow as I'm having the same problem, & like you Rod, my temp gague doesn't work :?

Rich

Well I tried this 9I think I did it in the correct order) & still no luck. i'm having the thermostat replaced tomorrow, so, fingers crossed, that should fix it :D

Rich