Sign in to follow this  
Pete

A few questions

I got my VR6 this weekend and it's great!

I prefer it to my old [new] Civic Type-R!!! Esp with £8k change!!!

I have a few questions though...

1. The sunroof wont open at speed, but its fine round town. This normal?

2. The gear travel seems very long, esp compared to the Civic's 6spd?

3. The engine pops a little on overrun - I know this can damage the CAT, but can it cause engine failure???

2 and 3 I can answer

2) yes, it is. It's perfectly normal... Only worry if you're having difficulty getting gears.

3) yeah, also quite normal. At least, almost all VRs do it, so it can't be that bad..

The sunroof should work ok at any speed, can't explain why there's a difference there.

Thanks mate!

I think the noise from the zorst is made worse cos its a Miltek. Sounds great though!!! :D

The sunroof one is odd! I was on the motorway playing about and it would not ope [@80ish] I got off the motorway and it was fine!?!?!? Strange!

The sunroof one is odd! I was on the motorway playing about and it would not ope [@80ish] I got off the motorway and it was fine!?!?!? Strange!

Sounds very odd to me.

Does the car have a CAT1 alarm fitted ?? The only thing that I can think of is a badly fitted alarm.

1. Could be the motor struggling against the wind pressure. Try lubing the sunroof runners with decent grease. Comma white grease is good for this.

2. All cars have a cumersome gearchange next to the Type R's joystick! A well setup Corrado one isn't bad though.

3. I think the overun popping occurs after the cat, but you should hear an Impreza if you think yours is bad! VRs don't have mechanical shut off valves, the ECU just pulls back the fuelling according to throttle position. You might have a leaky injector.

Kev

Thanks again guys!

The alarm is a CAT1 total closure thingy, while the sunroof runners definitely need greasing.

It opens fine so I know the motor is OK, but when closing it judders slightly.

The Box is nice and light, accurate too. Maybe I've just been spoilt by the Honda's 6speed... :D

Car will be serviced in January so I'll ask about the popping then. As long as it's nothing to worry about I''m happy!

Thanks again guys!

The alarm is a CAT1 total closure thingy, while the sunroof runners definitely need greasing.

It opens fine so I know the motor is OK, but when closing it judders slightly.

The Box is nice and light, accurate too. Maybe I've just been spoilt by the Honda's 6speed... :D

Car will be serviced in January so I'll ask about the popping then. As long as it's nothing to worry about I''m happy!

Juddering indicates a dry spot on the runners somewhere and a stiff mechanism overall. Get that grease out! You might also want to check for vertical play when the roof is tilted.

Kev