Sign in to follow this  
Grim1

Scirocco fuel system

Hi everyone,

After a lengthy spell off the forum due to my C being writen off (tragic day!!!), I've now just bought a '91 Scirocco GTII (with carbs) and i'm having a problem. And knowing how good you all were when I had my C, i thought i'd see if any of you could help.

It flies, and i'm loving it. The problem being, after about 10 miles, it feels/sounds as though not enough fuel is getting through.

I think it could be the fuel filter in need of replacing, or maybe even the fuel pump.

I popped in to my local GFS store and was sold a new filter. However, i can't seem to find anything in the engine bay resembling the new filtter ( it's basically a plastic chamber with a pipe at either end, and sponge filter inside the main chamber.

Does anyone know where i should be looking? I'm either losing my mind, or my sight!!!! or maybe both? lol.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Grim

the carb mk1 based cars had a small inline filter between the point at which the fuel line comes up from the bulkhead to the fuel pump mounted on the block, sometimes you see another one added closer to the carb if the car has suffered from water/rust etc in the tank.

Thanks David, thats brilliant.

Apart from being such a fantastic car, the community/this forum made owning a C more pleasurable.

The Pug 306 forums were bad, nobody was as helpful, and certainly not this quickly.

Light permitting, i'll have my Scirocco back on the road ready for tomorrow.

Incidentally, are there many Scirocco owners on the Corrado Forum?

There are a few, yeah...

Look out for Tempest - he's Scirocco bonkers! :D

some of the early roccos had a black canister bolted to the front of the head for fuel return,this was a common fault to starve the carb of fuel on a run,see if your has the canister,should be just underneath the airfilter.

Cheers James. I'll check the fuel filter, if it's not that, then if it's not that, i'll check the black cannister.