KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

Will keep an eye on it Dave but dare i say it it's been spot on since posting about it on here :grin:

Cheers andrew! How's your new addition coming along? :grin:

she is doing brilliantly, though her nappy per hour consumption could do with being a tad lower. Sorry for the late response, but we are on holiday in france at the mo.

Ah Nice one, hope it's nice and sunny there too then :D

have now seen it in the flesh & I must say it looks good rolling mate :wave:

still havent brought the wheels for you have i though!! :gag:

Tis fab mate, see 40 mpg quite regular :lol: no sweat bout the wheels either.

Well had a few days off so did a few jobs on Satin,

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSC03926.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC03930.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

Corrado92.pdfDSC03936.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

DSC03933.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC03940.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC03938.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC03942.JPG[/attachment:ybnbon40]

As well as that i also cleand up the headlining using Auto Glym interior cleaner which brought it up a treat :clap:

Need to sort out the ABS light as its on constant so hope its just a sensor.

gah! hope it's only a sensor Kip as otheriwse it's the dreaded ABS Pump as it was with mine :gag:

gah! hope it's only a sensor Kip as otheriwse it's the dreaded ABS Pump as it was with mine :gag:

Oh Heck! hope so too then in that case, must get it checked with a VAG.com to see if it'l pick it up.

How much was it to do the pump then? :|

shiny! When you showing it then??? :wink:

:lol: Not a chance! I like things to be clean but it'll never be that clean! :grin:

Oh Heck! hope so too then in that case, must get it checked with a VAG.com to see if it'l pick it up.

How much was it to do the pump then? :|

according to a friend with a VR Golf it's around £1500 from a Stealers... or a sensible £40 if bought from KADVR6 at Prescott :D

according to a friend with a VR Golf it's around £1500 from a Stealers... or a sensible £40 if bought from KADVR6 at Prescott :D

No way thats rude :bad-words: and very nice work getting the one from Karl :lol:

Well only one and a half more sleeps left so did a few jobs on K1PVW, Put my old headlights back in with euro deflectors, checked all the levels and the tyre pressure's checked all the lights too and loaded up the CD changer but that may change tomorrow night for another selection as i cant decide what to take to listen to :lol:

Also packed the camping gear too. I think i need a trailer Lol! :grin:

Also packed the camping gear too. I think i need a trailer Lol! :grin:

I'm only taking a small bag honest.

And I was asked whether I really needed a chair, I just gave a special stare :roll:

No way thats rude :bad-words: and very nice work getting the one from Karl :lol:

better having £40 in your pocket, than another piece of corrado going to rust in the shed though. i have another one though if you need it Paul.

£1499 and its yours :lol:

i have another one though if you need it Paul. £1499 and its yours :lol:

I have a message for you from Paul..... but I think it will get ****'ed out :lol:

Had a few hours tinkering with the Satin today and managed to sort the ABS light which was constantly on!

Bought 2 front sensors off the bay so fitted those and WHAHEEEY! the light goes out :clap: only cost £25 for the pair too so was quite chuffed about that.

Also got the rear washer squirting again as it was blocked up, I stuck my bike pump over the nozzle and pumped a few times then took it off and stuck a pin in the hole then pumped it again and so on for five or tem minutes and WHEEEEEEEE! we have water coming out. Guess it hadn't been used for a while and got blocked up.

Then gave it a wash for being good :lol:

I Like my silver Corrado :luvlove:

Well A few little issues with the Satin so thought it best to get them sorted so here are a few pics of before and during, and hopefully they'll be some of the finished article early next week :clap:

It all started whilst i was replacing the rear number plate panel which was broken so i ordered a new one which will be fitted to K1 PVW and the one off there will go onto the Silver one :grin:

I knew it was a little rough around the number plate light so wasn't shocked to see what was underneath it. richard my bodyshop man took to it with the grinder to get rid of the bad stuff then metal filled it today, and it will then be smoothed back before painting next week!

Well the C was all sorted out for last monday as suggested but been a little busy to upload the pics so here's the fresh looking back end all painted and trim refitted, including the Karmann plate surround purchased from the factory shop in september for a measely 3 euro's :lol:

You're like a Corrado rescue centre Kip :D . Keep up the good work !!

If ever you need to sell your K1 PVW plate to finance your rescue operations you know who to ask !!

That nasty patch under the tailgate lock is a bit of a worry, never been under the number plate cover on mine...... Look what you've started Kip!

Looking tidy now though, as I've said before, love silver Corrados!

You're like a Corrado rescue centre Kip :D . Keep up the good work !!

If ever you need to sell your K1 PVW plate to finance your rescue operations you know who to ask !!

Not sure you could afford it dude :lol: Just dont think I could ever sell it now mate, its like welded to him and he wont hand it back :grin:

Cheers Pete, to be honest it's really nice having the 8v as a daily as so far its not looking like its going to cost much to keep running, Just bought some new dampers for it too so cant wait to get those on and see how it feels as i'm sure its running the original (shafted) ones!

Had a few hours tinkering today

I stuck my pump over the nozzle and pumped a few times then pumped it again and so on for five or tem minutes and WHEEEEEEEE!

Then gave it a wash for being good :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Paul, you're not supposed to tell people on public forums things like that. :tongue:

Hope all is well with you mate.

Looking v good Kip 8)

Be interested to see the results of the work around the windscreen if you get a chance to post up some pics. I have a developing problem on one side of mine which I've just been holding in check till now. Did they just rust treat the channel and then paint the exposed bits?

Your neighbours must think you two are potty..

Like the 8v, really liked having a go in Judiths, definitely an underated car just like the Mk3 GTI with the same power plant..