Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Laying the Corrado up for 12 months...

The corrado is being put away in my unit,Good idea to stick a bit more pressure in the tyres and disconnect the battery? Or buy a trickle charger?

Im skint like,but then thats never stopped me before...

Neil.

Get a trickle charger, ive layed mine up but dont have any sockets in the garage so mine is disconnected..

Increase tyre pressure or put some wheels that you arent bothered about...

Aye,thought about sitting it up off the ground...Just not sure if ill need to move it about or not yet. (Moving house,so half my stuff is up there)

Will probably go for a trickle charger...I don't think i have any rims knocking about that will fit over the brakes,so maybe sticking a bit more pressure in the tyres will have to do.

38psi? Not sure what to stick in there?

Neil.

Battery :

Leaving a trickle charger running for 12 months seems excessive to me unless you want to keep the alarm running. Suggest you just disconnect it while it's laid up.

Wheels :

As well as the suggestions above you can buy special wheel dollies that cradle the tyres and prevent them flatspotting. See here : http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... e=SEAWS454

General :

1) I would try and make the effort to pop over to the car at least every other month and fire it up and warm the engine and transmission up to operating temperature. This will stop a lot of things sticking and possibly seizing. Run the fan motors, wipers and sunroof. Make sure the sunroof is freshly greased up before you lay it up.

2) If the garage isn't completely weather proof, consider leaving a small tea-tray or oven dish on the back shelf, filled with salt to a depth of maybe 5mm. This will help absorb any excess humidity in the car and stop it stinking. Make sure the windows and doors are shut tight and the ventilators all closed up.

3) If you can, get the car out of the garage and back it up & down a few times. This will keep the axles and hubs all freed up nicely.

4) If you have one, use a car cover. Even though it's in a garage.

HTH

John

Cheers corozin/butterfly. :)

I had a trade account with air-flow,so that the conditioner i was considering...It may be off the road for longer than 12 months though,im not sure tbh.So ill probably pop up later and disconnect the battery.Probably worth making the effort to run it up to temp and then give it a short run every month or two/three?

It was just about due new pads and discs on the back anyway,but ive just done the back.

Neil.