Sign in to follow this  
vr6virgin

24v renshaws car

Seems this thread is famous, from ed38:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... 27&st=2000

I'm a Cheesedik apparently :lol:

And he's a complete "gangsta" tw@t by the look of it. No wonder he was banned from this forum with a gob like that on him.

:lol: what a twonk.

Some people don't like bragging....!!!?!! Why build a amazing car and not let ze world know the existence of your creation......

cos not everyone is after that - look at me, look at what i've done, aren't i great! scenesters prepare to lick @ss...

Some people don't like bragging....!!!?!! Why build a amazing car and not let ze world know the existence of your creation......

cos not everyone is after that - look at me, look at what i've done, aren't i great! scenesters prepare to lick @ss...

Too right

Anyway I'm sure we all welcome VickN with open arms, no matter who owner the car at some point in it's history...

I for one will come over and shake your hand and congratulate you on buying what is some people's "dream" Rado...

Best of luck mate and I hope we see you on here regularly!

Thanks mate, looking forward to enjoying it more than anything. Never owned a corrado before and never knew how well they handled, its leagues above my mk2 which was on coilovers and had ARB's etc, it handled well but the corrado feel more planted :) more than my mk4's 8)

Will defo be on here more, some great knowledge and advice on here :)

Vick

Vick

Welcome btw...

Apologies for the nonsense in this thread, it's no reflection on you or your car, just typical CF diversity and banta!

Vick

Welcome btw...

Apologies for the nonsense in this thread, it's no reflection on you or your car, just typical CF diversity and banta!

lol cheers dude, I'll get used to it i guess :) I don't want opinions getting out of hand on any forums etc, as i feel we are all in this together sharing a passion for dubs and its our hobby/lifestyle! 8)

I'm very pleased with my car, there is nothing wrong with it, unless stone chips are a problem! LOL

8)

there is nothing wrong with it, unless stone chips are a problem! LOL

8)

STONE CHIPS! You have ruined Jay's car already! :bad-words:

Only messin, welcome, look forward to seeing you make your mark on it. :D

Best thing to do is start your own thread on Member gallery and do not mention you know who.

Glad your enjoying it, lovely colour. Were you the guy that bought Chris Pearsons blue Mk4 Golf from Dunfermline? I was the other guy down that day buying the wheels from him. It really is a small VW world.

there is nothing wrong with it, unless stone chips are a problem! LOL

8)

STONE CHIPS! You have ruined Jay's car already! :bad-words:

Only messin, welcome, look forward to seeing you make your mark on it. :D

LOL dam :lol:

Thanks dude, not sure about making a mark as i have always felt, changes don;t always better things, its a well thought out car, possibly add some wheels as it is not on the vette wheels, forced induction of some sort looks tempting but for now, its plenty quick... FOR NOW :norty:

Best thing to do is start your own thread on Member gallery and do not mention you know who.

Glad your enjoying it, lovely colour. Were you the guy that bought Chris Pearsons blue Mk4 Golf from Dunfermline? I was the other guy down that day buying the wheels from him. It really is a small VW world.

Mention Jay Renshaw? lol Yeah think i wil once i have some updates!

Yeah i bought that car lasy year, really is a small world, VW community :clap:

Haldex 4WD and turbo it, Porsche 17" split-rims and bigger 4-pot brakes......job done.

Just what I would do :wink: congrats on the purchase BTW, you ever find that OZ wheel I tried to help you out with mate ?

4wd is something i would like to do if i turbo'd/ charged it, but not right now lol! Wheels tho, been looking at RS's and Dogleg splits!

No still haven't found it, the link you sent me were very similar but not the same, still on the lookout :(

Thanks dude, not sure about making a mark as i have always felt, changes don;t always better things, its a well thought out car, possibly add some wheels as it is not on the vette wheels, forced induction of some sort looks tempting but for now, its plenty quick... FOR NOW :norty:

Sounds like a plan m8 :)

As you say if you are hapy with everything don't change it.

Wheels make quite a mark depending what you get.

Anyway enjoy

Matt

Welcome on board Vick N - a lovely car you've acquired, nice to see a nice car in the ownership of a real VW nut, looking forward to see how it evolves

Dont do porker rims, they have been done to death, this car deserves something a bit different imo like the vette wheels were!

The vette rims were awesome imo, its going to be hard to match them i reckon. But after seeing some of Vicks previous work i think his choice of wheels will be pretty good 8)

I bought PVW this month (only because there was a VRT in it! :D ) and I saw Bentley, Lamborgini, Audi and Mercedes wheels on some VWs, not to mention Porsche. So is it actually possible to get wheels that haven't already been done ?

I think it is.....

How about Renault Megane wheels, or some lovely steels off a Trabant? :D

Actually, I do really like the series 1 Vectra GSi 17" wheels. They would look great on a rado I think.

Anyway, the fact a particular wheel has already been done should have absolutely no bearing on your choice what so ever, go with what ever you like!!

Anyway, the fact a particular wheel has already been done should have absolutely no bearing on your choice what so ever, go with what ever you like!!

Very true and I've always believed the same, i have had a couple sets if custom made wheels by Image wheels and they are on the cards again for this car to replace the BBS RC splits the car came with. :)

Tandino - Matt black vette wheels do sound tempting! 8)

Herisites - Thanks mate, I think with this, the vette wheels were my favourite for a few reason, very unusual wheel and in my eyes, suited the style of the car well. They are ease of maintenance as i have had enough of polishing wheels on daily drivers so fancy something i can simply wash and go with, the vette wheels seem ideal! Finding a set is another thing tho lol

I know the norm is to put your own touch on a car but i really loved the car when it was on vette wheels and don't feel a desperate need to find anything else but those right now, unless something lese thats tasty pops up lol :lol:

I wondered when the "I did it first" elitism would come into it.

I'm sorry but none of that is difficult when you're starting with a bare shell. It's about the desire to do it and having access to the right materials and tools, aswell as patience and dexterity.

Who even knows Jimmi on here built up a Corrado with full MK5 GTI engine and running gear, plus dash and interior?

And what about Phat's and Coxy's 4x4 Corrados, and their mate's twin engine corrado? Where's their appreciation society then?

Any Tom, Dick & Harry can get hold of tools but it's about having ze skillz to do it properly cheedik..... :cuckoo:

These amazing Rado's your on about, any build threads on them mate? Get a link up on the build threads and their appreciation society will follow........ Will that please you boss? :salute:

Hmmm, guess the lifetime ban didn't register in his brain. If he has one.

What I find funny is the amount of time, money and effort Kev has put into his car, but he doesn't go running off to the shows or mags trying to show it off or have a massive build thread, so therefore he knows nothing in your eyes. Some people aren't interested in that.

Oh, and I'm guessing its not politik to call a mod Cheesedik either...:lol:

Hmmm, guess the lifetime ban didn't register in his brain. If he has one.

What I find funny is the amount of time, money and effort Kev has put into his car, but he doesn't go running off to the shows or mags trying to show it off or have a massive build thread, so therefore he knows nothing in your eyes. Some people aren't interested in that.

Oh, and I'm guessing its not politik to call a mod Cheesedik either...:lol:

woah chill out everyone! :scratch:

On the topic of cars being known, its entirely up to the owner if they want their work shared and mag featured etc, but nobody has the right to slate other cars or question why certain cars are well known because its all down to the owners of the cars, everyone is different and each to their own and all. There are cars out there that have R32 engines, big turbos and interiors (and i can imagine Kevs car is pretty well spec'd and done well) but again its up to him for not wanting to take it to shows and display it for his own reasons. If Jays old car was out there in the masses to see, i don't think there is anything wrong with that in my eyes, he is well known for helping everyone out and thats coming from experience.

Anyway, lets not start a conflict, forums can sometimes get opinions across in the wrong way . :gag:

:)

I'll say it again...

Horses for corses....

I've owned a couple of "show cars" in my air-cooled time (and the trophies to go with them) It's not a case of "look at me" it's a case of loving the car and wanting to share it with likeminded people. If it wasn't for these this "scene" (for no better word) wouldn't be 1/2 as big as it is and we have no shows or probably forums either...

Vick, how much are you enjoying your foray into Rado ownership? A lot I guess!