Sign in to follow this  
johnxl1s

jets or what?

Right here's my problem , a while back i got the head skimmed and new gasket, it was going fine after it was fixed, i got a new car vw again and i left the c in storage for about two weeks,when i started driving it again last week it was chugging and their was not the same lift as previous, so back to the machanic and he adjusted the timing or something to do with the timing (i am not mechanially minded) anyway no -charge. the car is still the same and he said the jets might need a clean or something like that, so basically i am back to square one, has anyone any ideas or know what the problem would be, it is really $%$% me off.

i will not bring it back to the same garage

The rubber bungs that the injectors sit in a a swine for leaking and letting air in.

Check your plugs to see if any of the pots are running lean.

Give FastEddie a ring again John and ask him to check the CO emissions, timing etc.

He has all the equipment.

Don't forget to offer him a few quid ;)

thanks mike

well i got ****ed off and left the car at my folks place in the country to a mechanic there so i will wait and see the outcome. regarding the vw club is it the last sunday of the month - ie 30 11 03.

cheers john

*** Edited for swearing *** Henny