Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

VR6 quick update and stories of woe :(

hey bro. nice car r those 18x8 , and do they rub or do u got spacers on them ? love the look of the whole package :D

the RS4s? yeah, they're 18x8. I didn't have spacers and had the front lips rolled but not the arch. it rubbed a tiny bit on the back but that was only over really bumpy bad roads. they'll be up for sale soon, they've got quite a bit of road rash and will be very very cheap! so will my current wheels too (but not so cheap!)...maybe got something else lined up in the very near future.

i need to do an update, i've done a few bits since i last posted here.

Loving the new wheels mate! If u don't mind me asking what are they called?

Knowing him... Fred, Wilma, Betty, and Barney" :lol:

Loving the new wheels mate! If u don't mind me asking what are they called?

Knowing him... Fred, Wilma, Betty, and Barney" :lol:

:tongue:

Rod, Jane, Freddy and Geoffrey.

They are Compomotive TH Monos in the company's own anthracite. And they will be up for sale soon. 5x100 15x8 if you're interested.

Ok thanks, money is amazingly tight at the minute but if I do come across some I will have them! Pm me the price range and I'll see what I can do! :)

I've given my car a project name...Operation Evil B@stard. :twisted:

The idea is get the car going fast, sounding mean and looking evil. It was inspired by one of the Corrados I saw at the 20th anniversary last year at the 'ring. Simple mods, but looking like it would run you over without a second's thought.

Phase 1 is drivetrain, now pretty much complete. This consisted of getting a V9 charger at stage 2, mapped at 292 bhp on regular fuel. The front brakes have been upgraded to VR Golf 288s with standard discs and EBC Redstuffs. A few weeks ago I got 2.5" decat exhaust which gave the car the sound to match the performance. Its a little rumbly at low speeds, is fine for cruising and howls as the revs climb. Oooh yeah. I'm sure now I've got that and use VPower that I have broken the 300 hp mark.

Phase 2 is all about looks. The steering wheel has been changed, got a beesting aerial, debadged grill and a new fog lined up to replace the smashed one. I've also got her slammed on Weitecs....but well, for further mods you're going to have to wait a few weeks unless you can see my facebook profile, in which case there is a sneaky peeky at what is next. But its gonna be a good'un! :cheers:

Once phase 2 is done, phase 3 will be about more power. I have all the odb2 gubbins lined up and will be going for more psi and a chargecooler, probably a PWR, spacer gasket, short runner, blah blah blah.

I also need to get round to changing the door that has been sitting in my kitchen for around a year now, the one on there is getting ever more rust infected. Any volunteers for help or advice? I'm sh*t scared about doing the glass bit. :D

At some point I'll also list all the little bits I have done to her since I bought it. There's a huge stack of receipts to wade through but it'll happen. I had planned to leave it as much as possible but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. lol

Also, I seem to have f*cked my DDi dials somehow, first the rev counter wouldn't light up, so I took them apart to discover the wiring had come away from where it joins the dial. I thought I'd fixed it, but it was really bright outside and I couldn't really tell if it was lighting or not when I put it back in. I switch on my car that night and find that now the speedo doesn't light either! :epicfail: I'll have to take them apart again this weekend and see if I can fix it properly, otherwise i'm going to have to order new ones.

TTFN.

288s:

DSC00378.jpg

standard looking tailpipe

DSC00380.jpg

Few rolling shots courtesy of Sean_Jaymo and Shady Pioneer and a vid from someone off GolfGti.co.uk :salute:

HeritageMeetApr09020.jpg

HeritageMeetApr09023.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

[youtube:3gday6mr]Bsj5-90jB9E[/youtube:3gday6mr]

Just waiting on some spacers for new wheels. Should be here any day now :clap:

Note sure Baby pink's your colour Jimbo! :epicfail:

Mate, you're rinsing that vid evil style! :lol:

Wish I'd booted my G60 now but I don't think it would have had quite the same effect.... :( :lol: That's what you get when you keep your car standard I suppose.

Back onto Speeds for a bit, I really need cash atm so the Monos are going up for sell....BOO! :( I've also raised the ride height by about 4 turns, didn't measure how much of a rise as I forgot before but its now 280mm to the top of the centre cap. Seemed to be easier and more accurate than going to the floor. In real terms this means I can now go over speedbumps again! Woohoo!!!! Plus more grip as they're on brand new ContiPremContact 2. :luvlove:

All goes well, except she is getting very hot in traffic, nothing too high thank god and hopefully a bit more clearance should let a bit more air in and out. She had a good thrashing to Salisbury and back and the only time I was overtaken was by an M5. Which counts as a good journey in my books. :nuts:

Untitled-1.jpg

P5250303.jpg

Ride height sorted again, however its too late for the splitter. Or should that be splatter?

P5250302.jpg

no love lost between you and your splitter is there Jim ;)

Nope! Too many speedbumps and multi-storeys have taken their toll and once I saw it was completely fekked there was no remorse! It was so ridiculously low I grounded out just going down a bumpy road. Bit silly but it looked mean as nails. I've also got a new 50mm one waiting to go on so its all tickety-boo.

You managed to put your *ahem* cigarette down then? :lol:

no, i didn't manage it saturday, the damage was already done... :afro: :silly: :rainbowafro: i remained seated and watched night at the museum 2 instead with some tom&jerry strawberry cakes the missus made. nom nom nom

got round to it yesterday before i got into "relax mode". :lol:

I got to decorate them with the jam.

DSC00466.JPG[/attachment:3jera4kq]

Yes, I am cool. 8)

This does sound stunning. :) Was listening to you driving down the hill today. Wanted to touch myself a little bit.

This does sound stunning. :) Was listening to you driving down the hill today. Wanted to touch myself a little bit.

Cheers for having a go under the car yesterday, sorry you kept getting burnt!