The_Dude

VR6 quick update and stories of woe :(

I heard replacing your rear bumper stops nasty engine misfires... :roll:

Yeah, I must have been out to lunch not to think of that. :wink: :lol:

sorry to hear, car looks great though

On the plus side, you have the best license plate.ever. aaaaagh!! :lol:

sorry to hear, car looks great though

On the plus side, you have the best license plate.ever. aaaaagh!! :lol:

:) That's exactly how I felt on Saturday. They think they have diagnosed the problem, so hopefully it should be fixed tomorrow.

Yeah, she looks really cool on an AA truck! :? And the rear left light is annoying me as its not level with the others. Will have to sort that.

Its just as well I bought these, two days later and I had nails through my old front tyres. Timing is everything. :clap:

Check it out....there's a slight size difference in two of the pics, can you tell which ones? :lol:

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Looks Phat Jim!!!

Just watch your sump matey!!

At least youve got the 90mm spoiler to warn you if your going to hit!.

Bet youve noticed a slight difference in acceleration!!!!

Haven't had the chance to properly floor it yet, but it feels sweet, no more grimacing as I crash over bumps.

I may have a clearance issue though lol

DSC00322.jpg

Yep, seems to be ok at the mo. Got a few things lined up in the pipeline to change the interior quite a bit, if they ever get round to arriving! Now I've been paid too so I can get round to fitting the 288s and water/meth kit.

Quick update:

Well I've been hooning about on the new wheels for a couple of weeks now and what a difference! With the 18s it was so crashy, I winced and feared for my car every time I went over the slightest bump and I was constantly fighting tramlining. Now, I can go over bumps and nothing goes thunk or bang and the tramlining has become a thing of the past. Basically before changing the wheels I was thinking of starting to replace all the steering bits cos I wasn't happy with the handling, but now I think I can leave it and spend money on making her go faster! W00T! The meth kit goes on next week as do the 288s. :)

Car looks sweet with the new wheels. What profile and width are the tyres? as ive got some 15 inch bbs wheels, and am wondering what tyres to go with. thanx

Car looks sweet with the new wheels. What profile and width are the tyres? as ive got some 15 inch bbs wheels, and am wondering what tyres to go with. thanx

They're 195 45. A bit small for my liking, I've just bought some ContiSport2s 205 50, which is quite a big difference in sidewall size - 20mm iirc. I'm not sure whether it will look good or not and what issues I'll have with rubbing. I'll just have to suck it and see, if I don't like it I can always wang them on my Speedies for a bit.

They're 195 45. A bit small for my liking, I've just bought some ContiSport2s 205 50, which is quite a big difference in sidewall size - 20mm iirc. I'm not sure whether it will look good or not and what issues I'll have with rubbing. I'll just have to suck it and see, if I don't like it I can always wang them on my Speedies for a bit.

thanx, when you put the 205/50's on please put some pics up so i can see, and let me know what you think. Im thinking 195/50's for mine, on 8" wide wheels, maybe the little stretch, will bring them down a bit

Personally I don't think 195s look wide enough, you might be better off with 205/45, though the sidewall is 5mm smaller.

well, ive got bbs rm's wit a half inch lip, and im gonna get 2 inch(8" wide altogether) lips for the front and 2.5(8.5") for the rear. but now im thinking maybe 2.5(8.5") for the front and 3(9") for the rear might be to bigger dish though. then ill def go for wider tyres, but i was thinking of getting bf goodridge tyres, and i can only find 195/50's for them