Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

MK4 Golf Rear Calipers + Pad question

Hi

Looks like am gonna have to go the MK4 rear caliper route soon, one of my rear calipers is seizing up now & then :-(

Getting tried of replacing calipers every 6months so think am gonna take the plunge and do the conversion

Right done a quick search and have found out that all you need to get is the calipers themselves. They will connect to the original corrado carriers CORRECT?

and some conversion hose`s

Found these on the C&R website, are this the correct calipers & hose`s needed?

Code Made by Description Fits Model £ Qty Add to Basket

BCAL1J0615423 LAKESPEED BRAKES refundable on receipt of old calipers G4 Brand New Alloy Caliper With Conversion Hose For Use On Golf 2 or 3 - £84.95

BCAL1J0615424 LAKESPEED BRAKES refundable on receipt of old calipers G4 Brand New Alloy Caliper With Conversion Hose For Use On Golf 2 or 3 - £84.95

Thanks

Ian

Right got the calipers and the conversion hoses which don`t come with the calipers now, you need to order them separate.

Now a little confused on what pads to get? Been reading up and alot of people say MK4 pads which are 17mm thick, but read one post that said you have to shave 1mm off the pads to get them to fit as the standard pads are 15mm, is this true?

Help! :?

Thanks

Ian

does anybody know if mk4 gti calipers will be ok? they run the same size rear disks as the all the other mk4's so im assusimg there the same caliper?

also from what i can tell the mk4 golfs run a slightly bigger rear disk than the corrado?

Yes the MK4 Golf Calipers are fine, the ones i got (Listed above) are from a 99 MK4 Golf and fit the Corrado carriers without any mods.

Althou haven`t got around to fitting them yet :(

Cheers Supercharged will order a set of Corrado pads then, although was looking at EKTA and it does list a 17mm thickest pad for a VR6 C :?

hi, i just got hold of some rear calipers apparently off a mk4 gti, as far as i can see the only numbers on them are:

32325608 - on the piston section

and

5612/2 7155

5812/2 7155 - on the carrier parts with the sliders

can anybody confirm these are ok for my vr?

So dragging this thread back up from the dead...

I was on the understanding that you run Mk4 rear callipers with standard Corrado disks.

If you use Mk4 pads, they're too thick and you have to shave them to fit.

If you use late Mk3 GTI pads, they juuust about fit. Not much advantage other than getting a bit more meat on the pads.

If you use standard Corrado pads, they fit fine.

Edit: and as I'm just ordering up some Mintex M1144s for the rear - there are 2 different part numbers for rear Corrado brakes. The later chassis' had 2mm thicker pads, which sounds like it's the same as the Mk3s. The Mintex M1144 part number is MDB1377 for the late Corrado/Mk3 pads, however they're £50+

The early Corrado pads are MDB1382s and are only £36.94 which seems like a good saving for 2mm of pad! :lol:

Also, Rally Design seem to do the best prices for the Minties.

Also, I found out recently that pretty much all MK4/A3 calipers are the same, unless its a 4wd car in which case theyre a lot bigger!