Sign in to follow this  
KipVR

328i BBS Alloys on Corrado

Has anyone ever put a set of these on a Corrado? These are my favourite BBS wheels and wondered if anyone has a photo of them on a Corrado? Reckon they would look sweet. 8)328i bbs alloys.jpg[/attachment:217becrg]

they probably would but they would need adapters from 5x120 to your 4x100 or 5x100 which will increase the offset which is allready quite high on a bmw wheel

does anyone make adaptors for 5x120? I've never seen any.....Oh well, I'll stick with the RX's for now...

Seen the adaptors in 4 x 100 - 5 x 120 on edition 38 and they were far from the usual style adaptors you get, they would mount the wheel but i wouldnt like to think i was doing any hard driving on them, i heard somewhere darren @ Gwerkes knows somebody who can make adaptors for anything so try him but i cant see them been cheap.

5 x 100 - 5 x 120 would be easier adaptor wise so if your 4 x 100 convert the hubs to 5 x 100 but again its all down to cost.

Darrensphatvr6 has just bought the same wheels and he is going to be putting them on in the summerish time so PM him for any advice.

Also the BMW wheels if standard will be staggered.

Right then found the thread on Edition 38 regarding the adaptors i was referring to but they are 4 x 100 - 5 x 112.

Checked Venom and they only do not do any adaptors to go 5 x 120 so it looks like ben custom jobbies and in the Edition 38 thread it says its Stylehaus who has a contact in Germany who can build them for anything but your looking at £400 a set.

Also See here

Also the BMW wheels if standard will be staggered.

Aye...if they are from a sport model 8) They would be 1 pair of rc041's and 1 pair of rc042's.

Otherwise 4x rc041's all at 7.5j.

Neil.

I would need 5x120 to 5x100, but surely it's the offset that would be a no no, especially after the adapters have been put on....Cheers for the advice, I'll offer one up and have a peek...

I would need 5x120 to 5x100, but surely it's the offset that would be a no no, especially after the adapters have been put on....Cheers for the advice, I'll offer one up and have a peek...

You can get them , H&R do them. Theres a guy on vortex selling a set $325. Think 20mm if thats any good :)

I had a set of these briefly on my G60 rado, although arch-work was going to be needed to stop them rubbing at the back. Also I used redrilled set of Porsche adapters, but best way is to use 2-piece adapters as normal 4x100-5x120PCD (BMW fitment) are not available off the shelf, as the bolt holes overlap.

However, using the 2-peice adapters means your offset will be quite low as the adapters will be 30-40mm thick (ONLY AN ISSUE IF YOU ARE FITTING TO A 4-STUD RADO), meaning even more arch-work is required, and also not sure how comfortable I would be personally using 2-piece adapters, esp. as won't be TUV etc approved.

I have a few sources for 5x100PCD - 5x120PCD adapters, as these are available both off the shelf and custom-made. PM for details if required.

Right, sorry I was chucked off the computer by the missus for a bit... having just looked at the pics, I think that could look spot on with a bit of jiggery pokery 8) , I think i would have to photoshop some silver ones onto the Corrado to see for sure but I simply don't have the cash at this instant to spend money on it (I'm half way through a 3.2 24V engine swap which is costing :? ), I just wanted to know if it was possible for future which I now know it is. Thanks for the reply's....If you still have them in a month or so Darren, I'll probably have them off you then!!!

Right, sorry I was chucked off the computer by the missus for a bit... having just looked at the pics, I think that could look spot on with a bit of jiggery pokery 8) , I think i would have to photoshop some silver ones onto the Corrado to see for sure but I simply don't have the cash at this instant to spend money on it (I'm half way through a 3.2 24V engine swap which is costing :? ), I just wanted to know if it was possible for future which I now know it is. Thanks for the reply's....If you still have them in a month or so Darren, I'll probably have them off you then!!!

Ok mate I understand, I'll let you now if there still for sale then ok. 8)

i need advise on this matter asap i have been offerd a set of those wheels for a very resonable price brand new with 225 45 tyres on all new, i have been looking at 15mm adapter spacers to make them fit, wit these spacers on will these wheels fit straight on with NO mods and will the offset be ok, please anyone who knows please reply soon as possible as ive gotta be quick

regeards michael

The Et on them is 41 from memory of thereabout so i dont see why you should have too many problems if you run 20mm adapters......

well i was guna use 15mm ones bit im sure i can whip a set of 5mm ones up at work on the lathe, thanks for the help m8 ill think theyll look awseome specially wit sum bbs badges in em, does anyone else kno about this before i got out and pay 350 quid for a set of wheels lol, ANYONE?

REGARDS MICK