Sign in to follow this  
will.s

shall i de-badge

hi!!

im about to get my 1991 1.8 16V c re-sprayed and was thinking of taking the VW badge of the rear, fillings it in and spraying the front 7 grill badge black or shall i just leave it all as it is :?

thanks

If you are gonna remove the rear VW badge id say remove all the badges from the back. Its worth remembering though that once they are gone you cant put them back in exactly the correct position again in the future...

It is a nice mod though, on the right car..

When I bought my 1990 Corrado it had a de-badged grill. At first it looked good, but after a couple of years I put the original back on and it looks much better.

As for the rear I'd leave it as like one of the other thread says, you won't be able to put them back in exactly the same position so have a good think.

I'm getting my Corrado re-sprayed in the summer and have decided to keep mine. Lets us know what you decide....

Stefan

I bought my C debadged, and although it looks good i'd probably prefer it factory looking.

When people say "Nice car!..what is it?" , it makes me wish the badge was there

When people say "Whats that, a VR6?", it makes me wish the badge was there, so I don't sound silly trying to justify why i got a 16v