foster

Expensive habit.

im going to be doing this to mine in the near future. what bhp are you aiming for?

I love the colour of the car - looks stunning! 8)

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

With the k03s I should be able to get around 230ish bhp maybe more. Im putting it on a rolling road soon to find out what its making.

Final pics as soon as photobucket sorts its s**t out!

Mmmmmm car looks sweeet.... How's the fit of the golf seats? Do they go low enough? (I'm only little so they don't have to go so low as the 'Rado ones) I've been looking for some black leather Recaro's for a while and if the golf seats fit they might be a bit easier to come by.

Thanks

Rich

Mmmmmm car looks sweeet.... How's the fit of the golf seats? Do they go low enough? (I'm only little so they don't have to go so low as the 'Rado ones) I've been looking for some black leather Recaro's for a while and if the golf seats fit they might be a bit easier to come by.

Thanks

Rich

Yeah they do sit higher and are a little (a lot!) stiff on the runners as you need to make frames for them. But im a bit of a short ass and they suit me absolutly fine, perfect position.

It drives like a new car, more power than the TT I drove but with the sweet handling of the rado. They remapped the car for me in Bristol and its absolutely brilliant so smooth and driveable with a serious kick in the ass when you give it some beans. Gonna put it on the rollers soon to see what its making.

The spec.

Ibiza cupra apx 20vt engine

k03s turbo

Forge intercooler

BMC CDA

Forge 007p diverter valve

New Clutch

Spal slimline fan

FK konigsport coilovers

BBS RM'S 15x8.5

Toyo Proxes (cheaper ones that suck in the wet!)

Magnex 2.0 16v exhaust

I've only had it back a week but it failed the MOT (no suprise, it has no handbrake as the rear calipers were seized!) so its in my local garage having mk4 golf rear calipers and a few other little MOT jobs.

On the to do list is maybe some 16 or 17 inch wheels to raise the sump up a bit, dye the seats tan, sell the numberplate, ibiza cupra front brakes.

Let me know what you think.

i suppose im halfway there lol got the engine sitting in my garage, its an aum and im hoping for around 230 bhp - going to be using qpengs management kit. What ecu and gearbox are you running?

The only thing i would of done was have the bay painted whilst the engine was out but top job ! was a quick turn around.

Whats it like compared to the g60?

i suppose im halfway there lol got the engine sitting in my garage, its an aum and im hoping for around 230 bhp - going to be using qpengs management kit. What ecu and gearbox are you running?

The only thing i would of done was have the bay painted whilst the engine was out but top job ! was a quick turn around.

Whats it like compared to the g60?

Im using the standard ibiza cupra ecu and loom chopped about to fit. This way I have diagonostics (plug under gear stick) and the car runs sweet. Its using the ibiza gearbox 02j i think. The g60 box i had was knackered or we would have used that I think. 1st gear is almost useless and tops out at around 120 in fifth!!! But thats perfect for me, it flys!

Compared to the g60 that was in there its a completly different beast. Revs so much more freely, bags more power and feels less of a highly strung/tuned engine even though its making 80ish bhp more than standard. You have to remember my g60 was a bit dead when I bought it so Its not really a fair comparison.

I would have got the bay painted if the original colour was red or nugget but the silver/grey sorta complements the blue. Theres more powdercoating and polishing to come too.

kool! ill be keeping my eye on this. At some point will you be able to take a pic of the way your coolant hoses go? Mine were just given to me in a box so i dont know what goes where!

Thanks for the pm by the way, ill have a look into that. Not decided yet. thing is i dont have a dbw pedal and i cant be arsed to source and put one in so qpeng with a cable throttle may be a bit easier.

Bet your glad you kept the car rather than breaking it!

Yes mate of course just let me know what you need pics of and I'll get them sorted.

They did dbw into mine without any hassle so if you need any info give em a ring.

The car was sooooo close to breaking but I'm so glad I didnt.

Might have found myself some new wheels, the played out Borbet A's! Might do something a bit different with them colourwise though.

Glad it's going well Alex! It looks great in the pictures, the red cam cover really suits it.

Hi Karen, I loved the car for the week I had it, Its a shame it had to go in for MOT work but at least I'll have brakes now! Theres going to be alot more red in the engine bay in the future. I'll have to come down when we are all moved in. The house move is killing me at the moment!

It's a shame about the MOT, but at least it'll all be sorted when you get it back.

Good luck with the house move, give me a shout when you're all sorted.

nice rado :) and good choice, bbs rm's :salute:

you should bring this to the south-coast rado meet in april

are those 195's on your rm's?

chris

Soon as im settled I'll give you a ring Karen.

I cant remember what the tyres are tbh :brickwall: i think they are 195/45/15 cant be sure though.

I must admit I do love the bbs's but they are a nightmare to keep tidy and the car is just so low with them on the sumps going to get destroyed! Have to wait and see. I'm looking at modifying the oil pickup pump (thingumy) to make it shorter and fitting a shallower sump from something. Its all a bit of a mystery for me thought to be honest. I've seen it done but not sure if it'll work in my case :shrug:

Hopefully should be coming to the april meet.

Might see you there.

Hi Alex!

Glad your happy with the car, it really was an excellent car to work on and the conversion came out really well!

If anyone else is interested in a simular conversion please drop me a PM, we also do other conversion work (r32, 2.0 FSI etc), software tuning (mapping)

and all other aspects of automotive tuning.

Thanks

Chris (South West In Car Tech)

"it really was an excellent car to work on"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With no hand brake, dead battery, sellotaped together looms and no rear brakes???

Seriously though you guys did an awesome job, if anyone wants a look around my car to see the standard of work let me know.

Well I finally got the brakes done, slotted and grooved discs up front, new "uprated" calipers all round and redstuff pads. They feel pretty good, maybe a bit soft at first but they really bite when you need them to.

Trouble I have now is im not sure what to do next. Im going to try and dye the interior tan and split the wheels and refurb them.

But what else? By no means am I bored of the car but I have started running out of ideas for it. :? Anybody got any suggestions?

You say you had 45 mm adapters on the rear and 30mm on the front. Did you have any arch ork done to then fit the wheels under?

You say you had 45 mm adapters on the rear and 30mm on the front. Did you have any arch ork done to then fit the wheels under?

It was 30mm on the rear and 45mm up front. The front wheels had stupid offsets. I never had any arch work though but didnt run it that low. Now on the other hand I desperatly need my rear arches sorting on the 20vt!

Actually got round to polishing the car last weekend, also had a go at sorting the dishes on the wheels (never again).

Engines still going strong, rear tyres are looking a little scrubbed, thinking of smoothing the front numberplate recess and rear vw & corrado badge. Oh and some standard all red rear lghts.

Heres some pics.

SNC11489.jpg

SNC11486.jpg

SNC11485.jpg

SNC11484.jpg

SNC11483.jpg

SNC11482.jpg

SNC11481.jpg

SNC11480.jpg

SNC11479.jpg

SNC11478.jpg

SNC11477.jpg

SNC11476.jpg

SNC11475.jpg

SNC11474.jpg

SNC11473.jpg

SNC11472.jpg

SNC11471.jpg

Very nice, reminds me a lot of mine (apart from mine's not a 20VT) as similar-ish colour. I have had the rear of mine deseamed, debadged and towing eye removed. Had the front number-plate recess replaced with CC-mesh to allow airflow through to large FMIC.

Im a bit paranoid about getting the front bumper recess done to be honest, as if its done badly it looks really awful. It needs to be perfectly flat. I have the intercooler mounted behind the grill in front of the rad. Been thinking about getting a US spec front bumper instead to save hassle but doubt I'll find one.