Sign in to follow this  
dan

Rubber strips on Roof

You know those rubber strips that run along the roof (front to back). Well I don't know about yours but mine look a bit knackered. I was browsing through the R. Bentley CD and came across the part no. for these its AKL 450 005 05. :idea: I phoned up a dealer to get a price for new ones and, to my suprise they only cost about £6 each :D . (the prices for corrado parts was to be reduced according to someone in the forum so, maybe this is true after all). Anyway, I ordered two sets yesterday, they should be here next week 8) .

The CD also shows how you have to prise them out, from the back towards the front which is handy. I'll keep ye posted (just in case they don't fit or anything)

You know those rubber strips that run along the roof (front to back). Well I don't know about yours but mine look a bit knackered. I was browsing through the R. Bentley CD and came across the part no. for these its AKL 450 005 05. :idea: I phoned up a dealer to get a price for new ones and, to my suprise they only cost about £6 each :D . (the prices for corrado parts was to be reduced according to someone in the forum so, maybe this is true after all). Anyway, I ordered two sets yesterday, they should be here next week 8) .

The CD also shows how you have to prise them out, from the back towards the front which is handy. I'll keep ye posted (just in case they don't fit or anything)

Let me know how you get on mate as mine arent too tidy either!

Cheers

Scott

i would like to know where you got the bentley cd from .....

Maybe you can send me an email or a private message.

Edit: Longman, we of course do not condone piracy on the forums ;). If someone were to email you, that would be a different matter altogether ;).

Thanks

VR6

i would like to know where you got the bentley cd from .....

Maybe you can send me an email or a private message.

Edit: Longman, we of course do not condone piracy on the forums ;). If someone were to email you, that would be a different matter altogether ;).

Thanks

VR6

:wink: send us a email - will sort it out for you.

Scott

I have also been meaning to get the strips replaced but heard that they were about £40 a time- it would be nice to know how you get on as I think i can stretch my budget to £12 :D

If you can take photos while doing it, that would be helpful as well 8)

Ive just been to my local dealer to pick up my 16v key 8) £20 !!! and i enquired on those rubber roof strips and he was adamant they are £50 quid each :?

Longman got any more pics of your car it looks well smart. would get some of mine up but i cant upload there to big or im to thick :oops:

dan, just phoned my dealer(stealer) with that part number and he says its some sort of tape :? is he WELL

Ive just been to my local dealer to pick up my 16v key 8) £20 !!! and i enquired on those rubber roof strips and he was adamant they are £50 quid each :?

i remember someone from the yahoo-group(last year) saying they were £50ea too :? :shock:

joby, i have a couple more. i asked one of the guys on here to reduce the pics i had as i could not get them small enough either.

My understanding on the strips is that, there's a hard plastic strip which would probably cost about £50 but there is a rubber strip which separates the hard plastic from the roof. Its the rubber that perishes not the plastic. Thats how I assumed it would be after talking to the guy in the VW parts dept. To be honest I haven't looked at the strip that close myself :oops: but I will this evening when I get home.

I'd also like one of those keys...

joby, what was the part number as i need to get one of those key phobs or whatever they are.

What is this key fob ? - blank key with a case ? - If so how do I get one *:) - Ive no spare for the VR :oops:

Just so you know The 16v and VR6 Keys are from the Golfs. that part number i assume is for an AH profile key, I believe from what i've seen on the CD that the G60 on is no longer available :-(

:(

dan, I hope your right on that strip mate then i can wipe the smile off the parts dep faces :evil:

I haven't heard anything from the vw parts dept yet. He told me they would arrive this week sometime. I have the car booked in to have the alignment done next Thursday, (hope to have them before then though).

I did prise out one of my strips just to have a look. I was suprised how deep the trough is in the roof :shock: , its about 25mm deep. There is a little 'fir tree' stud at the back (just in front of the back door hinge), that holds the strip down, this prised up easily :) . The strip is made up of a combination of plastic, suede & rubber. It is just slightly oversized thus making it a snug fit. There is a 10mm strip of white tape running along the roof just below the strip (hope its not that I've ordered :x ) I'll just have to wait and see what arrives from the parts dept.

Quizzed my stealer last sat. He says the strip comes as a single item i.e. the wide plastic bit with the rubber attached. Costs £48 +vat ea. Stock check indicated something in the order of about 10 only in the country if I remember rightly.

Lets know what u get Dan.