Sign in to follow this  
dan

Rubber strips on Roof

Ok heres the scoop,

When I called to collect my new strips from the dealer I was a bit dissapointed (to say the least). The fella in the parts counter had ordered two pieces of double sided tape that run accross the top of the windscreen :shock: .

Turns out, the strips do indeed come in one piece and cost €59 each.

Sorry about that everyone :oops:

do you have to have those strips on top of the car?? was thinking about taking them out all together and getting a peice welded in to make a seemless look. I already have the back badge welded and in the process of getting rid of the door handles. Anyone know if gettin rid of them is possible???

LOL at dan :lol:

Seriously it sounds like there are enough people interested in the strips to make a group buy possible. Does anyone know whether we can get a bulk supply at a discount price. If that is the case then I will happily stick my head above the parapet and organise it for people :crazyeyes:

vondribbley, I've already ordered two new ones at €59 a piece, so I can't go into a group buy :(

iceman, Regarding closing off the trench which holds the strips. If you're in the process of welding anyway, you should give it some consideration. Prise the strip from the back and it will just lift out towards the front.

TIP. Anyone who is getting their car sprayed should also take the strips out beforehand.

Decisions, decisions. Do I order a stealer set or wait to see who else interested & see if we can do a group thing?

Lets hear from you guys

i take it these strips are re-useable or are they one-shot wonders...is it a case of once you remove them they are useless?????

tia

Possible group buy details

Unfortunately I have not been able to get much of a discount from the dealers for these items.

Normal costs:

Weather trim = £48.00 + VAT

nearside end cap = £1.74 + VAT

offside end cap = £1.60 + VAT

ie total costs = £99.34 + VAT = £116.72

Now I have negotiated a 12.5% discount with a dealer so that the total cost is now...

£102.13

Unfortunately I would have to add on approx £5.00 for postage (Royal mail parcel delivery) so the overall saving will be only approx £9.50 :(

You may be able to negotiate a better deal individually as postage wouldn't be a factor.

However, if people want to go with this then I am still happy to organise it. 8)

you can take em right off and fill em in.. i've seen this a few times. looks a LOT sharper.

and iceman, you can shave the door handles. what you do to get your doors open is up to you! :lol:

i'm in the process of sorting that out...just realized it might not be all that safe.

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=825

getting back to the roof strips, i can get them cheaper than £48 from the stealer, but i'm in canada eh so shipping would cancel out any savings you would get..sorry! :?

getting back to the roof strips, i can get them cheaper than £48 from the stealer, but i'm in canada eh so shipping would cancel out any savings you would get..sorry! :?

How much cheaper because if there are 5 -10 interested it still might be worthwhile

TIA

Rob

I have replaced those two rubbers on my roof and they are not £6 each, but £49.?? plus the vat each!!! The stealers have done it again to you. Hope this helps

I paid 108 quid for the pair from the local dealer!!!! for two bits of plastic !!!!!!!! :mad:

i have just put on my new rubbers... only the type for the new body is sold now.. doesn't matter, it allso fits on the old body... but sadly they costed me 43 euro each... that would be about 60 pounds total

I Didn't realise you could get the rubber roof strip seperately. I got a price off GPC for the roof trims 'complete' they are £30+vat each (alot cheaper than the stealer)

I gave them a big list of corrado bits and bobs and they could get them all - so they sell alot more than they advertise.

As for G60 cassette keys (AH profile), they must be still available because they are always on Ebay - I got one for about £12... :)