Sign in to follow this  
Glenny Boy

New Owner Seeks help lol

hi ive recently bought a g reg 1.8 16v corrado(which blew up on the way home)

im having a 2.0 16v fitted at the moment for obvious reasons

was just wondering the best ways to modify it and it needs lowering, because ive got 17" momo arrows on it yet you could fit a small house between the arch and tyre lol

also i bought some silver door pins off ebay (mistake lol), as i went to fit these not only do they not fit in the holes in the door panel, there is nothing to fit them too, ive taken the door panel off and the is nothing behind it

oh and i need a drivers door handle if anyone knows of one

cheers

glenny boy

I LOVE Momo Arrows, proper 90s wheel :)

Good luck with the car though, I'm very new & of no use to you at all I'm afraid but I'm sure some worthwhile knowledge will wing it's way to you very soon, seems to be a clever bunch on here

yeah i like the momo arrows too (prob 1 of the reasons i bought it lol)

shame they stopped making them they look lurvlee

il get sum pics up soon

hi ive recently bought a g reg 1.8 16v corrado(which blew up on the way home)

im having a 2.0 16v fitted at the moment for obvious reasons

was just wondering the best ways to modify it and it needs lowering, because ive got 17" momo arrows on it yet you could fit a small house between the arch and tyre lol

also i bought some silver door pins off ebay (mistake lol), as i went to fit these not only do they not fit in the holes in the door panel, there is nothing to fit them too, ive taken the door panel off and the is nothing behind it

oh and i need a drivers door handle if anyone knows of one

cheers

glenny boy

Hi mate

Firstly, have a look in the 'group buy' section, at the top of the section there's a thread about door handle repair kits that a member on here called daves16v makes, door handles are a common fault on rados.

With your door pins, that's a strange one! - there should be a thin metal rod that moves up and down as the lock works, I don't really know what to suggest about that one other than to try and work out how the mechanism works when you lock the car and see if there's anything obviously missing etc :?

If you use the search feature you'll find loads of info on pretty much every aspect, including tuning the 16v lump - there's not alot that can be done but there's certainly a few inexpensive mods that make a difference (putting the cams from the 1.8 into the 2.0 is a popular one which can give gains of 15hp)

Also, have a look in the drivetrain section, there's a thread in there about suspension kits, the Weitec seems to be a popluar all round choice taking budget into consideration.

If cost is a consideration with regards suspension upgrades, but you don't want to end up with the cheapest kit on the market, you might want to take a look at Demon Tweeks. I noticed whilst browsing around for suspension kits that they're doing a 6 months (or was it 9... I can't remeber now!) interest free deal on any purchase over £400. So that means you can sort yourself out with a nice set of £600 or so coilovers and just pay that out over a few months, helping to soften the financial blow that decent suspension inflicts.

Hope thats of some use!

You can get the missing door pin rods from the dealers along with a small plastic lever thing that they locate in. May be that they've been taken off as a security thing, my driver's door was like that. I bought the bits, but I've not got round to fitting them yet, but they can order them in for you and they're not mad expensive. Hope that's some help, mate :)

wow cheers all great help there

think im gonna go for the cheap n cheerful on the suspension though as im only gonna use it for shows and maybe the odd weekend, as long as it looks good lol

as for the door pin rods there isnt any so gonna try and get them from main dealer

oh and is there anything else that will make a 2.0 16v better from a 1.8 16v cos im taking a 1.8 out cos the rings have gone in it

cheers all

As a fellow newbie i've found that going onto the knowledge base and searching the forum is a brilliant way of finding info, technical and non technical. There are many rado experts on here that have done everything you can imagine.