Sign in to follow this  
djk

which engine for my corado

hi guy its k hear i have a h reg 18cc 16v carado with a tired engine, which engine other than same for same will fit strait in no changing wire loom etc, cheers guys. and any one recomend a good engine,

if your going to keep the same loom completely your pretty restricted to honest....you could do a bit more if you change ecu or do away with it and go down the megasquirt kinda route. otherwise as mentioned above go for 2.0l bottom end and kr 16v head....get it all polished ported etc and away you go....add carbs or throttle bodies and loose the injection or go the turbo/charger route. once youve got a base the possibilities are endless...lol

i was in you exact position, i had a knackard 1.8 16v and i got it swapped for a 2.0 16v with fast road cams and a g60 gearbox and you wouldn't think 200cc would make a difference but it does it pulls like a train all the way to 137mph (cant quite crack 140 though :lol:) and once i've had it sprayed i having a turbo added...

here, maybe this will pursuade you... (not my car by the way)...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lcxfLG3U_fU