Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

My Car Respray!

Hi there,

I had my car sorted out for all its dents, knocks & scratches at long last... Upon starting the job it was discovered that there was a dodgy crash repair rear quarter so it had to be refabricated from scratch :( . My friend Vince, a self employed Porsche/VW custom mechanic, did the work for a very good price, to be honest for the money he did a huge amount of work to the car.

If you would like to make enquirys as the the repairs on your car please PM me for details. 8)

It had become a bit of a dog with all the years but underneath the engine is sweet as a nut, I rebuilt this a few years back. The suspension is sweet & the clutch last summer... The bushes around the same time. I have also fitted genuine Bosch HID headlight kit, the best money I has ever spent.

Just got to sort the wheels out & were sorted. It drives like a dream now!

I love it when a plan comes together! :)

Looking nice,where is that corrosion located on the quater?

Easy mate, yeah the corrosion was found to be a dodgy crash repair rear left, on the sill in front of the back wheel. Apparently it wasnt structual but when someone had a crash @ some point in the past it was filled with fibre glass :mad: fortunately my mate did a superb job on the whole car it now rings true metal :thumbleft:

looking good fella bet you will be scared to leave it anywhere now though

Yeah thanks mate, tell me about it, I just want to wrap it up in cotton wool! Best thing to do is let it get dirty then no one will notice... :shock: