Sign in to follow this  
StormyTommy

VAG HT Leads - part number

Does anyone know the VAG part number for a set of Beru HT leads for a 95 VR6 with coil pack.

Two VAG garages are quoting me 2 different part numbers. 200 998 031 @ about £50 + vat, W 357 998 031 @ £85 + vat.

I suspect it’s the second one as price is similar to one quoted in other posts, but that dealer couldn't find chassis number for my car on his system :o & so he wasn't sure this was correct.

There isn't a single part number from VW, you buy them individually and actually it's more like £85 + VAT from VW.

I've read that some VW dealers will do a "cheap" set thats aren't very good - that may be the £50 quoted.

I'd go with vwspares!

Yes, I think VW will offer to sell you a cheapie set for around that, but tbh you're better off going elsewhere!

Guys, I went ahead & ordered the ones quoted as W 357 998 031 @ £85 + vat before I got your replies (needed them asap).

was8v: are the vwspares.co.uk ones exactly the same as the VAG supplied ones eg. plug ends bonded on? If so I've just wasted £40 :(

I had them picked up today and the pack has 7 leads so must be for the distributor setup rather than coil pack - lengths may be slightly different?

Anyhow when I've checked them tomorrow I'll let you know if they work out.

was8v: are the vwspares.co.uk ones exactly the same as the VAG supplied ones eg. plug ends bonded on? If so I've just wasted £40 :(

I had them picked up today and the pack has 7 leads so must be for the distributor setup rather than coil pack - lengths may be slightly different?

Yes apparently the Vwspares ones are the pukka ones with the correct beru ends - a search on here would reveal.

Leads for a dizzy car will be slightly longer and include a king lead, otherwise no difference.

Well I fitted the VAG leads and they worked out ok, hard to tell if length was exactly correct or not, imagine there's quite a small difference between CP & dizzy versions.

The quality of the VAG leads is way better than others I've tried.

Looking at the vwspares site their Beru leads look the same but I'll stick with these now their in.

Thanks for your replies.