Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Aftermarket - Remote central locking

if you only have normal central locking and not remote central locking, wouldnt you need a transponder in the car to pick the remote signal up? OR some how get the fob coded to work with your existing alarm?

Correct me if im wrong.

if you only have normal central locking and not remote central locking, wouldnt you need a transponder in the car to pick the remote signal up? OR some how get the fob coded to work with your existing alarm?

Correct me if im wrong.

That's what this is.. a transmitter (key fob) and reciever (activates c/locking)

Can just see us all rushing out to buy the Fake Toymota key option!

TBH looks like Tat!

Awigman,

This appears to be very similar to something I put on my 16v not long ago. It already had central locking, just not remote operated.

Took me about 30 mins and involved mounting control box under the dash (easy) and removing door card to make electrical connections (Awkward getting wires thru from control box)but very useful

Glad you pointed this out, as I have another motor that needs doing, so will probably get one of these kits.

Cheers

Dic :mrgreen:

I bought something very similar to stylr 10. with a view to putting the guts of it in my genuines flip key.

I've got to say I'm surprised by the quality, very solid, seemed a shame to chop it all up. Also has a specific setting so you can mount it in the boot directly to the air pump etc..