Sign in to follow this  
del68

Cheapest VR6 ??

dont touch it anyone! i went to see it a couple of weeks ago, the engine is in dire need of a rebuild. However the early V6 engine with the cast block rather than the alloy block of the later models can be rebuilt, but its costly. Head gaskets gone, he's been running it weak and sounds like its holed a piston too.

Avoid!

Mike

the heads are all alloy, however on the early V6's they had a cast iron block, on the later ones an alloy one was used. However the iron block makes a better sound and is much easier to fix. Avoid the alloy blocks or drive it sensibly!

General forum seeing as though a member of the forum isn't selling the car (as far as we know anyway! :)).

the heads are all alloy, however on the early V6's they had a cast iron block, on the later ones an alloy one was used. However the iron block makes a better sound and is much easier to fix. Avoid the alloy blocks or drive it sensibly!

hmmm strange one that.......my 95 Storm has what appears to be an iron block :? :?

hmmm strange one that.......my 95 Storm has what appears to be an iron block :? :?

Maybe he's ex VW Motorsport and knows the whereabouts of a secret stash of alloy VR blocks?

K