Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

YAY it's fixed :D

Coil pack was the problem. Managed to narrow it down at the weekend. removed the HT lead from the No1 cylinder, to check for a spark and there wasnt one! swapped some of the leads round to see if was leads of coil. It was the coil.

Fitted the new one today, about to take it for a test drive to try the new exhaust out too, and finally all 1.5bar of boost :clap:

Haha awesome news mate.

As rob says co break it again, it's the only true way to know your driving it properly.

Listen I need to start clearing out my garage so if you want to come up and let me have that test drive sometime you can take some freebies if you want, like the black dash and whatever else you may need.

Still not had time to sort out the info yet either, currently working 90 hour weeks.

Excellent cheers Simon. You'll have to let me know whens best.

The drive to work was much more fun this morning :D

Managed to get 15miles to work and it didnt even break!

Well it lasted about a week, but I've broke it again :lol:

The last week has been a blur, literaly! At max boost the amount of Torque is horrific! need to get my S2 calipers fitted soon as I've nearly caught the car in front a little too quick :D

Feels like the misfire is back.It returned today on max boost. hoping it might be the coilpack I fitted being a cheapo one of ebay.

Lesson lernt, but cheap, buy twice :D

Also felt like it over boosted the other day and opened the wastegate on max reheat too, might need to investigate this further too.

Shakes head in disbelief lol.

What do you mean open wastegate on reheat?

If it overboosted it would be because the wastegate was shut and not opening.

What coilpack did you get? I would try a genuine Ford Zetec coilpack mate. Good strong spark :D

It was just a cheapo (£30) lupo/polo replacement of ebay. Might try a genuine VAG one and also uprate my leads whilst I'm going about it.

Just hoping the plugs arnt biffed, £40 NGK's that have done about 250 miles

I have used a ford one reliably for a while now.

Didn't think you'd brake it that quickly :)

Did you ever fit that LC1 ?

If your heavily overfueling on boost then that would cause a stumble.

What do the plugs look like?

Indeed.... Anything under 11 AFR will cause a nice stumble and your tailpipe and wastegate will be nice and sooty too :lol:

I have used a ford one reliably for a while now.

Didn't think you'd brake it that quickly :)

Did you ever fit that LC1 ?

If your heavily overfueling on boost then that would cause a stumble.

What do the plugs look like?

Never fitted the LC-1, sold before I got to it. It now top of my shopping list, along with a coil pack and decent leads. Looking at the Prosport kit however I want to make sure it has a lowband output to I only have 1 lambda probe.

A guy I work with seems to think it'll be detting it's nads off at that kind of boost. I'm not too sure, it's running on V-Power which I understand helps prevent det.

It's going back to the rollers to check afr and if it's all ok a decent power run.

LC1 can give you a wide band output for a gauge as well as an emulated output to give to the Bosch ECU... ;)

LC1 can give you a wide band output for a gauge as well as an emulated output to give to the Bosch ECU... ;)

Thats the kind of thing I'm after, I dont really want to go through the hassle of having another port welded into my exhaust for a wideband sensor. Much rather have the emulated output and keep things simple.

Hopefully solved :clap:

I let the missus drive the car the other night, as long as she stopped off and splashed some petrol in, which she did.

Unfortunatley she decided V Power was too expensive and that I'd get more for my £10 if she put regular 95 in. :brickwall:

I have now filled it the good stuff, and hasnt shown any signs of the previous problem. Coincidence, only time will tell I guess.

Also going to treat myself to one of these:

Ebay

I had this gauge on the lc-1 as I don't like the digital readouts, to me it's easier to read the gauge as a needle old school style, also don't forget you will want to know it's fueling right on full boost, so think about trying to look at the gauge for a split second on full throttle with the power you have, it's not so easy lol. The digital readout with it changing numbers all the time and you only glancing at it makes it too confusing

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/prod ... _gauge.php

Thats a good point!! I normally have my eyes closed on full throttle at max boost :lol:

This kit it is thenG4

Have to either dash mount or A pillar as I dont want my eyes too far from the tarmac :D

I had this gauge on the lc-1 as I don't like the digital readouts, to me it's easier to read the gauge as a needle old school style, also don't forget you will want to know it's fueling right on full boost, so think about trying to look at the gauge for a split second on full throttle with the power you have, it's not so easy lol. The digital readout with it changing numbers all the time and you only glancing at it makes it too confusing

Soon get used to it though from my experience so far.

Soon get used to it though from my experience so far.

It's more to do with the power delivery on mine. It's hectic :D

I've never been out in a VR6T TBH so wouldnt know about the power delivery but all I know is that on 1.5bar there is a little calm before the storm that shortly follows :lol:

Simon, just out of interest, did you have a boost gauge and what kind of reading did you used to get on full boost?

Yea had a boost gauge, last I remember it was on full boost of 1.5bar at 3200 rpm I think and held 1.5bar upto somewhere I can't remember and I think at full rpm it would tail off to approx 1.3 bar, I think it was mapped to tail off to that as there was no more power in it, so it was backed off for safety to prevent strain on components that was not needed. I was going to go solid lifter on the head and a few other things in there but it would have been a push too far requiring yearly rebuilds, kinda like putting a 62mm pulley or similar on a g laser, gibes more go but less reliability, and I was goin to get forged rods in to push the turbo more in the midrange for even more hectic delivery as to me it just got slow in the end lol.

Yea had a boost gauge, last I remember it was on full boost of 1.5bar at 3200 rpm I think and held 1.5bar upto somewhere I can't remember and I think at full rpm it would tail off to approx 1.3 bar, I think it was mapped to tail off to that as there was no more power in it, so it was backed off for safety to prevent strain on components that was not needed. I was going to go solid lifter on the head and a few other things in there but it would have been a push too far requiring yearly rebuilds, kinda like putting a 62mm pulley or similar on a g laser, gibes more go but less reliability, and I was goin to get forged rods in to push the turbo more in the midrange for even more hectic delivery as to me it just got slow in the end lol.

Hmmmm I'll have to double check, although I think I've seen over 25psi on my boost gauge. 1.5bar is around 21-22 psi. Going to turn it down until I can confirm this, as I dont fancy it running that kind of boost and be leaning out.

I'm not sure if my different intercooler would cause this?