Sign in to follow this  
16V KEV

door/window rubbers

hope someone can help on this one !! my door / window strip is knackered so i thought 3ft of rubber cant be that dear !!!!!

phoned my local vw dealer and they quoted me £49 each for pre 1991 & £148 each for 1991 onwards, all plus vat i asked them to re-check but got told that this was the correct price , surley this is a outrageous price and shouldnt be able to charge as much .. does anyone know any other suppliers of these rubbers ????????? :? :? :?

Join the club mate! I tried to get one not so long ago, my mates at VAG wont sell me just the outer lower window strip, instead you have to buy the whole outer window seal with it which is why it's so damn expensive I haven't found anywhere else that you can buy them yet, and it's not wise to get one from a breakers as they have a metal strip inside them that bends and once it's bent thats it you've had it.

Join the club mate! I tried to get one not so long ago, my mates at VAG wont sell me just the outer lower window strip, instead you have to buy the whole outer window seal with it which is why it's so damn expensive I haven't found anywhere else that you can buy them yet, and it's not wise to get one from a breakers as they have a metal strip inside them that bends and once it's bent thats it you've had it.

Is it one part number?

if its more than one part number Give me the number of the bit you want and i'll try and get it from my dealer here. they are really helpfull most of the time!

Same happened to myne so went to breakers and got strippes of passat ,they were 3 inches to long and a little trim and hey presto !! :p

Cost me 4 quid for both :D , sod paying 100 quid plus :mad:

i have a brand new window strip which I bought 4 months ago,its the driver side,i ordered the wrong side and because it was a special delivery they wouldnt return it and give me the right side,so im stuck with it at the moment. My passanger side still ahsnt got the strip since then :( iF anyone need the drivers side i could sell it cheaper as i need to get the other side,its not used still in the seal with recipt. if anyone wants it would do me a big favour as im stuck with it.