Sign in to follow this  
crookesey

is it possible ??????

is it possible to put the clocks from a late rado into a early one , also changin from the cable to the electrical milometre. mine in the rado have stopped workin. help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its got the mot at the weekend

It is possible, but a total ballache. The early Rado's had cable driven speedo, whereas the later ones (9A 16v, 8v and VR6) have an elctronic speedo driven via sensor on the gearbox.

As an emergency fix for the MOT, can you put a 'road angel' or something similar on the dash so you've got a valid speed readout?

Is the speedo even checked for MOT? I can't see it in the MOT list. (On thread a few below this)

mine has a 9a engine but was a 1.8 16v kr before the conversion . think the cables are obsoleat now aswell :(

Yes they are.

As an emergency fix for the MOT, can you put a 'road angel' or something similar on the dash so you've got a valid speed readout?

Is the speedo even checked for MOT? I can't see it in the MOT list. (On thread a few below this)

they don't drive it on the road so how would they tell :)

its gone through the mot today so ????? just phoned euro car parts and he's got 1 comin in the mornin , not gettin my hopes up cus it prob will be the wrong thing but the guy on the phone sounded posotive????????? any1 got any pics of the speedo cable so i can compare in the mornin