mrbeige

Gooney, son of Badcrumble

Well, as it was a stunning day today, I thought I'd get the moonroof in. Everything was going great until I tried to manually open and close it to check it all moved ok, and SNAP, the guide on the left hand side gave way!! :mad2: :mad2: So I ended up putting the metal roof back in for now, and I'll have to order a repair kit from VW :pale:

Gutted! :( Hate it when things like that happen- you feel like you've just wasted hours for nothing. Will be great when you finally get it done, and at least you've had plenty of practise ;)

Gutted! :( Hate it when things like that happen- you feel like you've just wasted hours for nothing. Will be great when you finally get it done, and at least you've had plenty of practise ;)

Well, indeed dude! It seems to be one thing after another at the mo! Ah well, practice makes perfect :lol:

Got a list as long as my arm of stuff do (see first post) and now have a deadline for September 2009 for it all to be done by :brickwall: :roll: :salute: :scratch: :norty:

Prodigal stil has a complete mech from his old car, from when he replaced the sunroof prior to respray.

Any use?

Prodigal stil has a complete mech from his old car, from when he replaced the sunroof prior to respray.

Any use?

Well the mech in the car already works fine, I just wanted to fit the moonroof :camp: but cheers anyway :)

Testicles... Sorry to hear this when you rang up mate :(

No joy swapping the cables back and forth then?

Testicles... Sorry to hear this when you rang up mate :(

No joy swapping the cables back and forth then?

They are different dude :( different guide and Gav suggested that the cables are also different lengths. Ho hum, just have to fix it I guess. :(

Well, as it was a stunning day today, I thought I'd get the moonroof in. Everything was going great until I tried to manually open and close it to check it all moved ok, and SNAP, the guide on the left hand side gave way!! :mad2: :mad2: So I ended up putting the metal roof back in for now, and I'll have to order a repair kit from VW :pale:

Doh......although i think it was the inevitable with corrado ownership....it would of happened sooner or later.

Doh......although i think it was the inevitable with corrado ownership....it would of happened sooner or later.

This is very true! :grin:

whats a moonroof? :nuts: :bonk:

It's a sunroof you can only use at night! :rofl:

Gutted mate, corrado's are evil things. Iast week i was ready to get rid of mine, but now love it again. Good luck with the moonroof, was just thinking of asking how you are getting on as i want a nice working sunroof for the summer :)

Gutted mate, corrado's are evil things. Iast week i was ready to get rid of mine, but now love it again. Good luck with the moonroof, was just thinking of asking how you are getting on as i want a nice working sunroof for the summer :)

See that's the thing, Darren. Not only has Gooney upset me, he's upset you too. :cuckoo: Getting the moonroof in was going to satisfy both you AND my desire to have that turbo in my garage and not on your desk!! :brickwall:

bleed the brakes and get it in for an mot ya ball bag

:lol: Aye, you're probably right. Might rattle can the bonnet as well.....

I'm losing interest fast..... :(

I think I need help :(

Look just becase you want C's VR! Now like Peanut says stop messing and sort it!

you love it really you Schlag! :nuts:

As the above have said, just get on with it! :D

You've got my number if you need a hand getting it ready for the MOT.

I know, I know guys. Just getting fed up with not being able to get on with it really. It's not really a lack of time, just a lack of funds at the mo, but that just gets on my t1ts to be fair. :(

I know, I know guys. Just getting fed up with not being able to get on with it really. It's not really a lack of time, just a lack of funds at the mo, but that just gets on my t1ts to be fair. :(

Bleed the brakes,get the MOT, spray the bonnet satin/matt black (or bring it to us to do), job done! Goony doesnt need a respray!

Bleed the brakes,get the MOT, spray the bonnet satin/matt black (or bring it to us to do), job done! Goony doesnt need a respray!

Hell yeah, that'll look awesome! Plus once you get it up and running and you're able to drive it again you'll feel completely different. Victory! :clap:

hurry up with that moonroof, then when i get your old suroof and paid you for that the turbo will only cost you 15 quid......