Sign in to follow this  
Patch

Wing mirror glass

stick on cheapo ones can be ordered from halfords

genuine new heated ones from VW dealers

second hand from breakers, e-bay, forum etc.

put a flat spatula or thin bit of wood around edge of glass and pry forwards, glass will pop out of holder/fixing behind, a towel or something spread on the ground is a good idea in case you drop the new one trying to fit it

Do you have any part numbers for the genuine ones? Don't want second hand as mine are starting to look tatty around the edge's.

all you need is your registration number when you call a VW dealer, there's only one part for each side (on a RHD car) so they can't really muck it up, driver's side is flat, passenger convex, so if you wanted they could order you a convex glass for the driver's side by ordering a LHD part for a RHD car.

as you asked anyway:

RHD

drivers side 536 857 522A (flat glass)

passenger 536 857 521A (convex)

LHD

drivers side 535 857 521A (flat glass)

passenger 535 857 522A (convex)

well, the convex gives a wider field of view but distances can be distorted as a result, it's a shame they don't do a flat glass with the outside edge convex to catch the blind spot, I find that much safer on the mk4 golf I have and those stick on blind spot things just look ugly.

Brace yourself.

I had a new glass last year and it was £65 + vat (or around that figure..)

Depending on your taste, you can also get blue tinted mirro glass from DDI in Canada. Given the £65 price tag from VW, it would probably be cheaper as well :lol: . I have then on mine and it looks good (well I think so anyway :D )

do you reckon you could get a glass from another car cut to shape for the Corrado?, really fancy a tinted and blind spot curve on the outer edge

Guys, Just brought and fitted these...

RHD

... but the drivers is convex and the passenger is flat?!? Part numbers are 100% correct, I've treble checked the many vag parts stickers on the boxes. Any ideas?

Guys, Just brought and fitted these...

RHD

... but the drivers is convex and the passenger is flat?!? Part numbers are 100% correct, I've treble checked the many vag parts stickers on the boxes. Any ideas?

Unsure mate, out of interest though, how much did you shell out for the 2? From the stealers?

I've also just bought a pair from VAG, IIRC they were £37 passenger and £31 driver.. pretty sure they are both flat, I will check when I next go to see my car. Its the only way to go if you want them heated unless you were able to peel off the heating element and use the DDI ones which I didn't fancy my chances.