Sign in to follow this  
pringles

What do think you will be driving in 2008?

I was thinking about this yesterday and it got me wondering.

In less than 2 years ive gone from a 1.1L '83 fiesta (running on 3 cylinders), to a Corrado VR6!

Where do i go from there?

Do you reckon you will still be driving a C in 5 years time, or will we all have R32's etc.....?

:?:

by 2008 i don't think i'll be driving a c, although this year alone i've had 2 corrado 16v and a crx v-tec, but by then i would like to be either driving a Aston AMV8 or a 911 but that is only if my plans for 2004 come off, but for now i'm very happy with my c vr6 she is great :D

A battered old Mini cooper 's' track slut... leather interior and heated seats thrown away to be replaced with a cage.

A battered old Mini cooper 's' track slut... leather interior and heated seats thrown away to be replaced with a cage.

Or should I say, new now, but will batterd by 2008

well i have gone from peugeot 305 (boat) to crx mk2 to corrado vr6 in 3 and a half years. i'll probably keep the C for a few years and then buy a TDi as petrol will be so expensive by then.. maybe a slinky VW 'coupe type thing' TDi (there bound to make one!!)

well i have gone from peugeot 305 (boat) to crx mk2 to corrado vr6 in 3 and a half years. i'll probably keep the C for a few years and then buy a TDi as petrol will be so expensive by then.. maybe a slinky VW 'coupe type thing' TDi (there bound to make one!!)

that sounds like the best plan, as you say, the government are taxing us out of C's as an every day runner, and by 2008 you can only guess the running costs, parts etc will be rarer don't forget.

C for the weekends, and some sort of TDi for the week.

but this is 2008, so maybe a space shuttle too, although they must be the only form of transport on (and off) the planet that makes a C appear reliable and low maintance

I havnt got a C yet but when i do get one (asap) i probably wont live to see 2008 so it isnt a problem for me :) going from 60bhp to 130bhp. But if i do live till then im gunna invent a hover car and fly around :)

I went from 60-70 ( a 1.3 metro) to 190 (VR6), only one sideways moment so far, and that was purely because of grip rather than power, ! used to just throw the metro into corners, and the under steer would take me round, came to a roundabout, and tried the same in the C, and it went exactly were I aimed the wheels, and corner 90 degrees towards the curb. needless to say, i didn't do it again ;)

Should be moving onto an Impreza WRX PPP early next year, so by 2008 I hope to be into the STi11 PPP league or even the future equivelent of the Spec C Limited. Unless I win the lottery, then I should have to make a list :D

I'll probably be driving a cheap beaten up MKIII Golf 1.6 while I'm rebuilding whatever my current nice car that I've just managed to blow up is, if my track record's anything to go by... :roll: :lol:

MKI 1.6 GTI -> MKI 1500 auto when the GTI got written off

MKI 1.8 GTI -> MKI 1500 auto when the 1.8 died and I decided to 16V it...

MKI 16V GTI -> MKI 1500 Auto regularly while I was at uni... :roll:

Corrado 16V -> MKI Golf 1500 Auto when I wrote the 16V off

MKII Golf GTI -> Astra 1.4 Merit when the Golf engine died... :pukeright:

Corrado G60 (J-DUB) -> MKII Golf 1.6 Driver when the G60 engine died... (which I'm still driving now! :roll: )

Not a great track record over the last 8 years... :roll: :lol:

Actually, now I think on, that MKI 1500 Auto was easily the most reliable car I've ever owned and cost me the least... £500 to buy it. About £500 in bits over 4 years and I sold it for £600! 8)

Seriously though, I wreckon a BMW 850csi, or 911 - I'd like to stick to a classic!

My C is my second car, first being a 1.8 Clio RSi. Think that'd be a nice progression!

Surprised I'm the first to mention one. But don't you think that a lot of people from the VW scene will be driving Audi TT's?

Not sure if I'll have one, there’s to many about but there a nice car. All the people who are driving mk2 golf GTI's now are surely going to be driving Audi TT's in 10 to 15 years time. There seems to be enough of them to go round! :o:p

Surprised I'm the first to mention one. But don't you think that a lot of people from the VW scene will be driving Audi TT's?

LOL, just sold my TT this week as i needed the cash, looking for a corrado at the moment :D

I reckon the TT will definetly be a modern classic in the future just like the corrado is now. :)

i've never felt i needed a stupid-expensive car to enjoy driving... by 2008 i hope to have a 250+ ft/Ib TDI in an a1 body for a run around.. and have the corrado all minty fresh and be driving it every (sunny) day! ..probably still drive a dirty beater in the winter so i can trash it without remorse! :lol:

VW corrado g60 or/and corrado vr6....i got plans :)

aswell as maybe a turbo diesel family car or by then it'll probably be lpg

by 2008 most of us will prob have a missus and kids running around and most probly more than 60% of us wont have corrado's... Prob be driving a passat or estate volve if ya got a dog too..... :cry:

Than i would prob get the wife to drive my volvo and take corrado for a spin on a sunny sunday afternoon :p

plan on still having my storm in 2008........though hopefully have another dub as a daily driver......getting into mk3 Golf in a big way lately either 16v GTi or a VR6 :wink: .......though the missus motor will be due a change before then :roll: .....shame she's not into dubs at all :roll: :(