Sign in to follow this  
stevej

Isnt life funny ?

havin g sold the raddo 1 week ago, i found myself VW less fro the first time in 8 years. I sold the C as i couldnt afford to run 3 cars (after buying the missus a jeep to tow her horse & selling it help pay for a horse trailer) i was wondering what to do with my spare time and spare cash now i had no C to keep on the road :?

Got a phane call last week. Family friend who is in his eighties had a raddo since new, 1990 1.8 16V in red (i think its flash red). has been told he can no longer drive (to be fair he hasnt driven it much the last few years, although kept up servicing and maint to keep it on the road. However this car was lavishly cared for up till a few years ago as he was a mechanic to trade & bought it after he retired. anyway the phonecall kind of went would you like the raddo........ well i was never going to say no......was I :D

picked it up today. drives fgreat (much better than my last valver), but really needs a little tlc on the runinng gear and bodywork to get it striaght ... but really not too bad for an 18 yr old car. This was the first VW i ever drove 15 years ago, and it gave me my VW bug and is what made me want to get a C when i could afford to run it. when i got in it today i was smiling just like i had been all those years ago....

the project begins...... will get some pics up in members gallery soon

Sounds like a "Keeper" if it's the first VW you ever drove!

Best of luck with it matey and look forward to seeing the photos...

Now go give it the caning it probably needs! :lol:

Sounds like a "Keeper" if it's the first VW you ever drove!

Best of luck with it matey and look forward to seeing the photos...

Now go give it the caning it probably needs! :lol:

yep i suspect you may be right .... Oh and as for that canning its had it already on the M'way on the way home :lol: .

Good man! It'll be Tornado Red on a 1990, same as mine mate!

Enjoy! :lol:

Lets see some pics...

tornado red it is then

:lol: That didn't last long Steve, good of the guy to offer it to you, well done, see ya at Star soon :)

Love it! Another Tornado red 1990 valver! Similar life to the one I've got by the sounds of it :lol: :D

Clearly the best C money can buy :D

I wouldn't go that far! :lol:

Then again I'd be gutted to part with mine... As much as i hate her sometimes....

cheers for the comments. shes tucked up in the garage for now. will post some pics soon.

:lol: That didn't last long Steve, good of the guy to offer it to you, well done, see ya at Star soon :)

yep your right Bill. At Star next satruday with the Audi, nothing major though... thankfully.