Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Steering wheel retrim.

How much would i expect to pay for a steering wheel to be retrimmed, not sure whether i am going for leather or suede/something more motorsport inspired?

I asked the same question about a year ago. No replies either. Seems that no-one has had it done. Its not going to cost alot in leather. My brother had a clio sport 172 that had a suede like steering wheel. It felt great to use. better grip than leather thats for sure.

Well when you put it that way, yes :lol: i do.

I thought thats what the forum was for, get the price off here then just book it in and pay up what was quoted on here 8)

He may be able to take the job on for ya 8) But at the least he should be able to give ya an idea on price 8)

Neil.

most leather wheel re-trims cost as much as a decent momo wheel costs new! i had one done a few years back (mk1 campaign one) cost me £80 back in the early 90`s its not the amount of leather its the labour to stitch it as it has to be done by hand!

As above, I looked into getting an OE one done basically to factory spec altho I could customise it if needed - this was going to be around £100 + vat!

Well im not too fussed about the cost too much as it will be a hidden extra when i get the interior re trimmed much later on, but if it was going to be say £30-£40 then i would get it done sooner.

This is the wheel i want doing, so i was and am probably getting suede or something i think.

Picture 066.jpg[/attachment:jt0b31yo]