scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

I've got them!! Proof that it is possible to fit 5 rims and tyres in the boot of a rado

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfBBS RX in boot.jpg[/attachment:1p3xvhpz]

I'm not putting them on the car until they've been refurbed so for now I've only got pix of them leaning up against the car. It doesn't help that the car's filthy, the wheels are filthy, the car's on a slope and the tyres are too big but........

BBS RX 8.jpg[/attachment:1p3xvhpz]

Who needs photoshop anyway??

Looking good. Glad to hear you got shoes for yourself too.

how did you get on with the power steering rack by the way i forgot to ask

Hi Chris - in the end I didn't need the rack. I went somewhere else and was told it was fine so it's new home is my garage floor. Ought to sell it really...

well that was abit of luck, it would have been a $h*t job. keep it as a spare, you never know, can guarrantee youll be paying through the teeth for another one if you ever needed it

Who needs photoshop anyway??

Looking good. Glad to hear you got shoes for yourself too.

lol - I haven't got photoshop! Very chuffed with my new shoes too - my first pair of red shoes (about time really!) and some black patent ones, both with silly heels even if they are for work :scrambleup: I like shoe shopping!

Have to get the RXs smartened up before they can be worn though - hope I can have it all done before the National Day :D

Loving the choice of new rims Faye, should look great when they are on!

Yeah but you're biased! :lol:

Good choice Faye, so what are the wheel refurb plans? OEM silver/Polish?

Or red to match your new shoes? :grin:

lol - they will be staying silver. I'm after new centre caps, bolts and lockers too - I want them to look perfect before they go on. Wonder how long before I curb them?? :pale:

haven't had time to get them sorted before the nat day unfortunately

give pw motorsport a ring for the centre caps Fay, they are also very fast at delivery.

P W Motorsport Ltd.

Bryn Goleu

Llandissilio

PEMBROKESHIRE SA66 7SU

UK

Tel: 01437 563 793

and also any wheelmania will sell you the bolts for approx £1.20 per bolt, but original BBS bolts will set you back £5.85 per bolt :shock:

karl

lol - they will be staying silver. I'm after new centre caps, bolts and lockers too - I want them to look perfect before they go on. Wonder how long before I curb them?? :pale:

haven't had time to get them sorted before the nat day unfortunately

You'll be like I am with the LM's (and will be with the "secrets" :ignore: ) I end up parking about 1-2ft away from the curb! Plus my "Pot-hole radar's" improved a lot too!

They'll look great against the Blackberry too, just don't park next to Rob or you might take the wrong VR home... :nuts:

I'm after new centre caps, bolts and lockers too

I got all that stuff from Phillip @ PW. Give him a bell, super nice chap to deal with 8) He does a 'fitting kit' which includes 16 BBS bolts & 4 BBS security bolts which look smart. I sprayed mine cos ive got black rims but they come silver.... Hope to have them ready for Sat (Prescot) so you can nosey at mine if you like??

I'm after new centre caps, bolts and lockers too

I got all that stuff from Phillip @ PW. Give him a bell, super nice chap to deal with 8) He does a 'fitting kit' which includes 16 BBS bolts & 4 BBS security bolts which look smart. I sprayed mine cos ive got black rims but they come silver.... Hope to have them ready for Sat (Prescot) so you can nosey at mine if you like??[/quote:1y0mghnz]

Can't believe I forgot to call him today :shock: only had a short lunch break but that's still no excuse!! Like the sound of that fitting kit and yes please Chris, I'll def have a peak at those on sunday.

I end up parking about 1-2ft away from the curb! Plus my "Pot-hole radar's" improved a lot too!

They'll look great against the Blackberry too, just don't park next to Rob or you might take the wrong VR home... :nuts:

Yes I'll def be parking miles from curbs and I expect the old taxi joke from any passengers...

Not sure Rob would be too impressed with suddenly finding out the blackberry he's driving has dodgy paint on the bonnet and rear bumper, black slam panel and front bumper and not enough bolts in his wheels, not to mention all the rest of the bad bits on my car!! I think he was still running on those Brocks last time I saw his car - that's my not-copying excuse and I'm sticking to it lol

well, my trusty (sometimes) steed hit 150k shortly after leaving Prescott yesterday. Just before hitting that milestone...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcropped resized CCGB Nat Day 29 June 08 Prescott Hill Climb 023.jpg[/attachment:noyg484p]

resized CCGB Nat Day 29 June 08 Prescott Hill Climb 041.jpg[/attachment:noyg484p]

Still haven't done anything with those wheels - just deciding where to get them refurbed but really struggling to make a decision about the centre caps. I've def decided on silver lettering but don't know if I want the rest to be black or carbon fibre... I'm so indecisive :roll:

Bargain Fay, i wish things like this would pop up for me...

quite hard to spot bargains from where you have been though!!

Bargain Fay, i wish things like this would pop up for me...

It's all thanks to other forum members spending my money, in this case it was Billcor who put the post up!

Well, I've made a decision and placed an order with Philip at PW for a set of BBS carbon centre caps with silver lettering, a set of bolts and lockers and a set of BBS valve caps. Should be with me tomorrow ... :clap:

Very pleased with my car at the mo.. I've got new wheels on the way and I'll have that Magnex soon so over the weekend I decided to start some of the jobs I've been meaning to get round to for months. I finally replaced the foliage cover and seal and I also fitted a Jetex pollen filter (thanks to Yan and Supercharged for the guide in the wiki as I would never have known how to or thought to do this otherwise :notworthy: ), I started some minor engine bay cleaning (reservoirs, engine covers and so on), I unblocked the drain hole behind the petrol cap and I've bought some smart folders for the service history. Finally I cleaned the door shuts which were disgusting. I don't suppose they had ever been cleaned and seeing the difference was very satisfying. Before and after...

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfresized cleaning and foliage cover 12-07-08 034.jpg[/attachment:6bw062iw]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfresized cleaning and foliage cover 12-07-08 033.jpg[/attachment:6bw062iw]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfresized door shuts 13-07-08 026.jpg[/attachment:6bw062iw]

resized door shuts 13-07-08 039.jpg[/attachment:6bw062iw]

I'm feeling the love! :clap: