scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

OMG, I thought I had posted that back to you months ago... :oops: I'll have a look for it tomorrow evening as I haven't seen it in ages. If I don't find it, I'll replace it and post you a new copy. Really sorry...

No worries at all. i found out that the singer from Zero7 is called "Sia" some of her own stuff is pretty good too. "Buttons" is a great song with a nice daft video have a peak on youtube :D[/quote:x6bisx3u]

Sia released some stuff in the late 90s which was really good as I recall...

Nice work Fay. It's a cracking little car... :)

Seeing my old Jetta on your thread seems strange Fay. It's always good to know that a car I have enjoyed has gone to a good home. I've got the Golf insured now and have just been for a spin. It's not as comfy or tight as the jetta but after a bit more TLC it should come up a treat. Hope to see you at the next meet :wink:

thanks everyone! Well I've just been out for a spin in the jetta... it's so much fun! Even my friend went on about how cool it is and she's not into cars at all. I am amazed at how quickly we reached the speed limits though. I even treated it to a tank of v-power :wink:

Hey Scarlet, you could do worse than get an insurance quote from Admiral on their multicar policy. I got my Corrado VR6 and Golf VR6 insured fully comp for a total of £380. It's best to ring and don't accept the first quote they give since when I pushed them, they gave me 13 years free no claims discount on the second car and the quote dropped a fair amount. You can chop in your existing policy to align the renewal dates of the two cars (and get refund on the remainder).

I live in Lymington, Hants, down the road from you. You'll be able to hear the exhaust note from there! :wave:

Enjoy your rides....

thanks so much for this. I got a quote from them online today and then phoned them which was def worth it as they then knocked off over £200! It's a shame they don't cover the mods though so I phoned Brentacre and got quotes from them too - for £50 more I have all mods covered, unlimited mileage and they've protected my 9yrs NCB... think I will be phoning HIC (who I'm insured with atm) again tomorrow to see if they still want my business...

Which exhaust have you got fitted?

Jim, that sounds great and free as well - result! Not long to wait now :wink: We're just in time to take our Cs off the road before the roads get too salty............ better late than never!

hey Kip, thanks for the welcome back!! That certainly looks like a tidy Jetta you had, although I'm not surprised that it was tidy.. I haven't looked at the calendar yet but I might take you and Jude up on that offer - thank you.

I'll def be at the next meet Martin, although I might not bring your old car :wink: It's great to have a car which someone I know has owned and looked after and also which so many others have vouched for but now I almost feel more worried about the J than the C :lol: I've had another look at the petrol stops log and couldn't help but smile..

Hi Fay. I hope the Jetta is serving you well?

Do you still have the steel wheels as I now need some for my new Golf. I hope you haven't had the chance to bin them yet :)

looking good, dailys are teh way forward. mine comes in the state of a red subaru justy 4wd - the way forward in the snow when your in the woods mucking about! woop woop

Yes the Jetta is great! Over 300 miles covered already and I def agree that having a daily is the way forward. Got the log book today too :D

Martin, yes I still have the steels - someone drove into and badly dented my garage door so I can't get to the other set I was going to bin and couldn't be bothered to make 2 trips to the scrappie... When do you need them? I'm happy to meet you part way down the m3 if that would help but I'm not around now until next thurs evening..

Wonder if we'll end up having a Corrado Forum / Club get together or meet where EVERYONE shows up in their dailies cause the Corrado's are off the road / at the garage / getting rebuilt / SORN'd.. ;)

Yes the Jetta is great! Over 300 miles covered already and I def agree that having a daily is the way forward. Got the log book today too :D

Martin, yes I still have the steels - someone drove into and badly dented my garage door so I can't get to the other set I was going to bin and couldn't be bothered to make 2 trips to the scrappie... When do you need them? I'm happy to meet you part way down the m3 if that would help but I'm not around now until next thurs evening..

Cheers Fay. I'll drop you a pm next week.

well, I've been at the car with a toothbrush again :lol: Yesterday I decided to clean around the filler neck area so I took that rubber bit (another technical term!) behind the fuel flap out and set to work with Super Degreaser and All Purpose Cleaner. They did the job nicely! I tend to clean the wheel arches every time I wash the car (easy with standard suspension...) but I think I've managed to get them a bit more sparkly now :D

I like doing small jobs like this on my C – I find it very satisfying getting rid of 14 years worth of dirt. Not sure what is next on the list, maybe some engine bay cleaning or perhaps the underside of the bonnet.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfresized filler neck cleaning 26-07-09 017.jpg[/attachment:17emo35t]

resized filler neck cleaning 26-07-09 009.jpg[/attachment:17emo35t]

Thanks to Jim, I also have some half tint rear lights on the car now. I will post some pics soon, I'm very pleased with them :D

Look at the graining on that tyre! Pushing it hard round Castle Coombe were you Fay? Good stuff! :clap:

Good work, Fay. Looks like there's no corrosion in there 8) - must do this to mine v. soon!

Scarlet, how did you remove the rubber around the filler neck? Need to remove mind because im sick of it filling with water and want to sort it out.

Look at the graining on that tyre! Pushing it hard round Castle Coombe were you Fay? Good stuff! :clap:

might have been! 8) I can't wait to go out on a track again...

Scarlet, how did you remove the rubber around the filler neck? Need to remove mind because im sick of it filling with water and want to sort it out.

there is a small metal band tucked just inside the outer edge of the rubber, just pull that out first and then you can remove the rest of it. I was told to plug the filler neck with a rag and it was very good advice as dirt went everywhere when I removed mine. Have fun!

I can't wait to go out on a track again...

Hehe.. have to admit that I've sort of got the bug to go out on the track again too! It was brilliant fun!

Even my mother would say that neck is clean! And it looks in very good nick. :D

Must do mine, though did clean from the other side during a wheel-off & clean session last week.

I'm not keen on orange and purple as a colour combination so finally, after 4 years of meaning to, I've got some new rear light clusters! I bought these from Jim and I'm very pleased with them :D I've been meaning to clean the car and get some decent photos but I still haven't got round to it, so thought I'd post a couple of photos which I have got. They do seem to look a bit darker in these pics than they really are. Not sure this is the most flattering angle for my C either - look at that ride height :lol:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfresized tinted rear lights 28-07-09 001.jpg[/attachment:2q7fezgc]

resized tinted rear lights 28-07-09 005.jpg[/attachment:2q7fezgc]

Thanks also to Jim and Steve for fitting them for me at Castle Combe :)

I don't remeber Steve doing anything to help... ;) Glad you're happy with them :)

thanks everyone - I am very chuffed with those lights 8)

I spent a lot of last weekend mucking about with the car. I ended up taking everything out of the boot (well nearly - I couldn't be bothered with the side carpets) and giving the whole area a good clean. I got a bit carried away really as I washed, clayed, washed again, polished and waxed it before putting the spare wheel etc. back and then covering all my hard work with the boot carpet :lol:

Corrado92.pdfresized boot and under rear seat cleaning 15-08-09 004.jpg[/attachment:ajkjf44a]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfresized boot and under rear seat cleaning 15-08-09 067.jpg[/attachment:ajkjf44a]

I also took the rear seat bases out and cleaned that area up before removing the wiring for the sub and amp from the back of the rear seat and tidying the remaining wiring (I think I need to remove the kick plate and move the main carpet to be able to remove what is left of it). Also need to work out how to remove glue from the carpet on the back of the seat :?

Finally, I checked inside the rear for rust. I know the car was in an accident before I bought it but I'm not sure how much damage was done. There is a lot of rust showing now (around the rear badges, behind the OS outer tail light and inside near the bulb holder). I am hoping someone on here can give me a bit of advice from the pics below, as I know even less about bodywork than I do about the mechanical side of things and don't want to be ripped off when I get it inspected at a bodyshop. Any info/advice gratefully received :)

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfresized boot and under rear seat cleaning 15-08-09 016.jpg[/attachment:ajkjf44a]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfresized boot and under rear seat cleaning 15-08-09 020.jpg[/attachment:ajkjf44a]

resized boot and under rear seat cleaning 15-08-09 021.jpg[/attachment:ajkjf44a]

Next job is to remove the rear cards and inspect the drain holes - hope there isn't too much rust there....