scarlet_vr6

scarlet_vr6's blackberry!

wow thats a really good job you have done there :D do you fancy doing another blackberry boot :norty: :lol:

:) thank you. Always happy to help out... skills are limited to cleaning but that's hardly surprising (thought I'd save someone else the trouble of having to make that joke) :wink:

Fay does a particularly good job of cleaning door shuts too - there's definitely a concourse winner in you waiting to come out! Every time I get in my car now Fay, I look at the door shuts and think that I really must have a go at cleaning them up some time!!

shall I bring all my cleaning stuff to the next meet then Jim?! I'm sure you must have been saying that for about a year now... :lol: thinking about it, that might not have been you... oh well, it's late! :sleeping:

I'd love to own a car good enough to be a concourse winner one day but not sure if I'd ever have the knowledge or the patience to maintain it. Oh well, in the meantime I will keep on practising on this one :D

you know Bill will always win,so don`t even bother trying. sSo are you going to lower your car one day ? iIt always looks so high compared with everone else`s ? But as we all know a Corrado is work in progress and will never be finished.

Sorry :grin:

It only took you a year to chage the rear lights

lol, not just 1 year for the rear lights but 4!! and like you say I still haven't got round to the coilies :lol: Part of that is wanting a decent suspension overhaul when they are fitted. I was part way through saving up for it but I have another slight problem to fix first and I have a few plans which is pushing the price right up... :D

And yes, Bill's car is beautiful so no point wasting my time!

you know Bill will always win,so don`t even bother trying.

Not necessarily. I won the CCGB show and shine at the national day back in 2007!

Great job on the boot, Fay. Is it hard to remove the rear door cards? I should inspect behind mine really. I've never had them out. :?

thanks Charlie :)

Tom showed me how to remove the rear cards today - we only did one side but it doesn't look too complicated (I think even I will be able to manage it now!). We started by removing the rear seat base and pulling the seat back forward a bit. There is a screw at the bottom of the front of the card, really close to the bar the front seat belt runs along and there are 2 (pretty sure it is only 2) rubber discs to unscrew which are at the rear of the card and would be hidden by the seat back. After that, I think it is just a case of carefully pulling the card away - there a fair few clips. It sounded like they were breaking but they weren't so don't give up cos of the noise! You can't see the drain hole so stick a camera inside the body of the car and take a few snaps - afaik, the drain hole is towards the front of the car but may be worth photographing as much of the area as you can, just to be on the safe side??

Pleased to report that the side we checked on mine seems to be tip top (phew). Hopefully I will have time to check the other side tomorrow - fingers crossed that it is ok

I should have given you a few new clips for the other side.

Was good to see you today. Am really impressed with your attention to detail with that car. Reckon we can sort the back end out easily enough. Pete's advice was bloody handy.... :)

thanks Tom :D it's all in the hope that one day I'll have a car that warrants such attention! Yes, Pete's advice was definitely handy - I intend to give that guy near you a call on monday and see what prices would be like. Would be such a relief to have that sorted, maybe the door sills too.

I'll have a look at the clips on the other card tomorrow, but as long as you don't mind, some (more!) new ones would be great - I'm sure at least one is broken.

good to see you too, and your vr - reckon you'll have those couple of small issues sorted in no time! Really like the wheels and was very impressed with the filling and painting you have done. It sounded good too...

Thanks for your help with mine today :)

took the OSR card off today, cleaned up the area a bit and checked for rust - all looks to be ok :)

also cleaned up the sub, amp and associated wiring which used to be in the car... I wanted to sell it all but some of the connectors look past their best so not sure if it is worth anything :?

Oh happy day!! :dance:

After about 3.5 years of not getting round to painting my car (for fear of it chewing up something mechanical...), I have finally got rid of most of the harlequin look! My black front bumper has gone and so has the somewhat damaged rear bumper. Neither of the replacements are perfect but to me it is a huge step in the right direction :clap:

My cousin kindly helped me fit the replacements (thanks Simon :D) and despite some colourful language, it all went really well; the sun shone all day, there was no blood spilt and nothing went wrong... well there were the usual corroded bolts and rounded screws but nothing that a bit of determination (and some swearing and a drill) couldn’t beat!

Before....

ETKA Corrado.pdfreplacement bumpers 1.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfreplacement bumpers 4.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

During...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfreplacement bumpers 2.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

Corrado92.pdfreplacement bumpers 3.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfreplacement bumpers 5.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

After....

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfreplacement bumpers 6.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

replacement bumpers 7.JPG[/attachment:2oyo3in5]

So chuffed, loads left to do of course, but another small bit of progress made :dance:

Super news Fay :) Managed to find some reasonably priced bodywork somewhere then..? Did they come from the forum?

Nice one but..... I'll have to learn your registration number now. Your black bumper made it easily identifiable as yours. :grin:

Just gone through ur thread; good work on the cleaning and nice to see you have finally got your bumpers sorted :clap: . Its a shame it does all boil down to finances, my original blackberry needs a good respray I am hoping early next year she will get her just deserves and have a good olde scrub down and a fresh slap of paint all over her :) .