Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

VR6 ECU reset, why do it??

Just been reading through the ECU reset proceedure, Half way down the Wiki it states that you need to plug in the diagnostic software to complete the reset procedure, stating if that if you don't "it's not worth carrying out the earlier procedure"

I don't keep the battery in my C over winter as the car is not used, once a month i go and turn it over etc, and it always starts first time and idles and runs beautifully,

The car is a conversion so i doubt i could use diagnostic software on it anyway, so what am i missing out by not doing so? Is it just the diagonstic's that won't work with out calibrating the ecu, or does it effect the everyday running?

But what happens if it is not reset correctly after having battery disconnected, does the engine run less efficently? what are the problems/ sypmtoms that can be expected by never doing ther reseting proceedue? - not all (not many!) VR6 owners will have easy access to the software to plug in to complete the proceedure, are there methods to do it without the software?