ardandy

Corrado Numbers (How Many Left)

After speaking to someone who has DVLA database access I asked him to find out how many Corrado's are left.

These are what he came back with;

VR6 - 2830 - of which there are 625 Storms???

G60 - 1280

1.8 ex G60 - 1748

2.0 16v - 1339

2.0 8v man - 95

2.0 8v auto - 14

That's everything that is still taxed or SORN.

So bacicaly everything with a V5!

Lucky that you managed to get some info out of them. I tried under the FOIA and they didn't want to get that data for me!

Despite the number that have been written off and split for bits, i'm amazed the numbers are that high! Any ideas on valvers and the 2.0 8v's?

After speaking to someone who has DVLA database access I asked him to find out how many Corrado's are left.

G60 - 1280

Where did the extra 125 Storms come from?

It would help explain the somewhat disproportionate number of green Storms (compared to blue ones) that crop up on here!

It would help explain the somewhat disproportionate number of green Storms (compared to blue ones) that crop up on here!

But there were only 500 in all in the first place :shock:

He works for a massive car parts place who has access to the database. Thought he was at the DVLA, doh!

updated the figures on post #1 for the valvers!

Out of curiosity Andy, i'd be interested to know how long it took him to extract that information.

I was refused those figures by the DVLA, on the grounds that it'd be too expensive / time consuming for them to extract the data - they said that any work that would take (I think) half a day of time to pull out was not acceptable as an FOIA request. At the time I knew it was a complete horse schitt fob-off, and that it would take a few minutes of writing SQL queries but to have proof like that makes me want to take it further!

You asked me about the valvers, I asked him (on another forum) and then he posted u the numbers.

Did about 6 cars in his lunch break! Apparently they're are also 446 - '306 Rallyes' left and 4387 - '306 GTI-6s' left too! :D

Explains the amount of Storm badges sold on Flea-bay! :lol:

large bucket of salt needed here perhaps

the fact that x amount of the VR6's listed are Storm's shows how inaccurate these figs are DVLA don't class the Storm as a separate model on their database

how are they identified as Storms on the V5 ? makes you wonder if people are filling in new V5 applications for non storms and putting storm in to try and pass it off as a storm when they sell it, if so the only way to find out if its a true storm is to contact vw if you are thinking of buying one.

how are they identified as Storms on the V5 ? makes you wonder if people are filling in new V5 applications for non storms and putting storm in to try and pass it off as a storm when they sell it, if so the only way to find out if its a true storm is to contact vw if you are thinking of buying one.

thats the thing............they ain't identified on the V5 hence how those figures could be got at needs the bucket of salt

thats the thing............they ain't identified on the V5 hence how those figures could be got at needs the bucket of salt

Coupled with the fact that there's allegedly 625 storms still on the road when there were only 500 originaly, of which a good couple of hundred must have been written off by now.

It's also quite hard to believe that there's only been 1694 rados taken off the road in 15 years, as there were 9000 brought to the UK and according to those figures 7306 are still around... I'd have thought that bigpantsbaby has broken more than 1694 rados himself, let alone anyone else :lol: :wink:

G60 - 1280

1.8 ex G60 - 1748

2.0 16v - [strike:u88dezk4]1339[/strike:u88dezk4] 1338

2.0 8v man - 95

2.0 8v auto - 14

Sorry guv, killed me one of those this evening.

G60 - 1280

1.8 ex G60 - 1748

2.0 16v - [strike:2u7xokot]1339[/strike:2u7xokot] 1338

2.0 8v man - 95

2.0 8v auto - 14

Sorry guv, killed me one of those this evening.

MURDERER!!!

i need to go on a g60 killin spree to make mine rarer :D

*hides her beautiful G away from serial killer eyes*

it's data from the licensing agency in the Uk. So would only include Uk registered cars.

Well mine was imported to the UK in '98- so that makes 9,001 from which there's circa 7,000 left...

9002 (imported in 96)