Sign in to follow this  
edd

intermittant start vr6

Done a lot of searching on the forum but havent been able to fix this,

Basically every so oftern the vr will crank over but not fire, replaced the coil a few weeks ago which seemed to fix the problem originally but has now its reappeared, it is an new original bosch item so would be suprised if thats the cause. Though it is strange that the problem seemed to have been rectified after is was replaced (coincidence i guess).

I have now replaced the ingnition switch but still getting the intermitant problem, basically sometimes i can sit there for ages trying and trying and then it will eventually (hopefully if batt not already flat) suddenly fire up. Its an early vr dizzy model. there seems to be no relationship to heat or anything jusy totally random. Have checked earths and they are good. Avoiding using it now as can't be arsed to get stranded somewhere.

any more obvious points i need to check.

edd

I've had this happen and it had a really weird cause. I used to pull relay 99 from the fuse/relay panel and then replace it and all would be fine for ages. Relay 99 has absolutely nothing to do with the engine - it controls the windscreen wipers! Eventually sussed out that I'd an intermittent connection on the rear of the fuse board, playing with that relay must have flexed the board enough for contact to be made!.

I'd have thought mine was so weird a cause as to be unique but hey it's a Corrado! (mines a coil pack if that makes a difference)

Try re-seating the ECU plug or trying a different ECU.

Had exactly the same problem and a different ECU cured it straight off.

mmm maybe the Fuel pump relay- that used to stop mine from starting- and just pulling it out and reseating it used to sort the problem? Maybe thats what you are knocking when you are changing the wiper relay?