Sign in to follow this  
Dee-Vub

VR high oil temp and hesitancy??

N71 - Idle regulation adaptation limit exceeded

Usually caused by an air leak in the inlet pipework, this would also explain the low throttle position hesitation because your getting un-metered air in the engine. It's no the only cause but sounds likely. The ISV (idle stabalisation valve) is closing down to reduce the idle speed but it having to work outside its normal limit to regulate idle speed.

Double check all the inlet pipes are secure and that any vac hoses arn't loose. The flexy inlet tube is prone to splitting so take that off and have a good look at it.

You might also want to remove the ISV and check that it's clean, they do get clogged up and get stuck from time to time. Use brake cleaner and flush it through.

Hope this helps

So the mocal is an addition....NOT a replacement to the OE cooler? Ideally i would like the oil temp to sit between 90-110 deg.....seems to be the optimum and gives the best feel when driving.

Will the mocal keep the oil temp to within this sort of region?? or colder, i dont want to be running too cold!

Over winter I usually see between 92 - 98 on a motorway cruise (any speed) and over summer I generally see between 98 - 102.

In extreme cold circumstances where the oil won't go any higher than 88, I tend to wrap a towel round the Mocal :lol:

N71 - Idle regulation adaptation limit exceeded

Usually caused by an air leak in the inlet pipework, this would also explain the low throttle position hesitation because your getting un-metered air in the engine. It's no the only cause but sounds likely. The ISV (idle stabalisation valve) is closing down to reduce the idle speed but it having to work outside its normal limit to regulate idle speed.

Double check all the inlet pipes are secure and that any vac hoses arn't loose. The flexy inlet tube is prone to splitting so take that off and have a good look at it.

You might also want to remove the ISV and check that it's clean, they do get clogged up and get stuck from time to time. Use brake cleaner and flush it through.

Hope this helps

spot on buddy.....i'll get right on the case!

Cheers for that...does sound logilcal so fingers crossed that solves the wee problem 8)

So the mocal is an addition....NOT a replacement to the OE cooler? Ideally i would like the oil temp to sit between 90-110 deg.....seems to be the optimum and gives the best feel when driving.

Will the mocal keep the oil temp to within this sort of region?? or colder, i dont want to be running too cold!

Over winter I usually see between 92 - 98 on a motorway cruise (any speed) and over summer I generally see between 98 - 102.

In extreme cold circumstances where the oil won't go any higher than 88, I tend to wrap a towel round the Mocal :lol:

:lol: i liek that....going to defintely get myself one ordered asap!! Got 116 today with town driving :shock:

Where is the best place to get the mocal? with everything i need?

cheers again

Phil

Some good info here Kev, I was planning on eliminating that blasted HE.

Considering the climate that I live in, I'd best be keeping it on there.