Sign in to follow this  
G60DUBBA

severe dampness!

ello fellow v-dubbers

my g60 isnt feeling too well at the moment... she has suffered a rip to her subframe- now she is starting to get damp.

my car is on my drive, which is sloped, i went 2 check her quickly, i tilted the drivers side seat foward, and to my suprise, on the floor... there is literally a puddle of water...

i know this is a bit of a stupid question. But is there a cure for this? on how to get rid of it etc.

I would appreciate the advice

rEGARDS!!

Hi mate, it could be a number of things. I presume the cars facing uphill?

It'll be either:

-Foiliage cover seal on blower motor intake perished (found underneath the Pass side scuttle). There a guide in the Knowledge Base for sorting this. Cheap fix.

-Sunroof drain holes (4 of them which lead from the corners of the sunroof recess to the wheel arches for rainwater drainage).

-Plastic membrane behind the door cards missing/torn

-Perished missing gromet where the accelerator cable goes through the bulkhead into the engine bay.

Theres loads of threads on this if you have a search, but theres just a few to keep you busy.(My old valver suffered all of the above at some point :lol: )

Happy hunting!

cheers mate. ure correct, my car is facing up hill! my roof is drive and ive checked everhwere else, im guessing one of the membranes is torned on the drivers side.....

will have 2 get it checked when i get her towed to the garage

regards!

Sorry for thread hijack...........but in the search people tend to mention passanger side. Can the Foiliage cover seal affect the drivers side more as this is the damp side on my car? (I dont hink its the door card seal as its not getting over the rubber lip, but I guess it could be the accelerator gromet jobby). Ta.