Sign in to follow this  
toddster900

Drivers Door Central Locking

Hi All

I know there is already a lot on here about central locking but one thing keeps popping up in lots of threads that is confusing me.

Firslty my problem is that my central locking has stopped working from the drivers side. It still works perfectly from the passanger side of the car.

Whats confusing me is the constant mention of this switch that is located in the door handle. When i have had the door card off and looked at the locking system it looks like the CL is opperated when the rod to the reservoir/ pump (not too sure about this) in the door is pushed down by turning the key. If this is the case what is the switch in the handle for? I had assumed it was for the closure.

In my case with the door card off if i turn the key in the drivers door handle the CL will not opperate. However if i push the rod down gently the CL will opperate. As a result i assumed the problem to be in the reservoir/pump in the door.

I suppose i have three questions:-

1) What is this swithch for?

2) Is the white plastic part in the door a reservoir or a pump?

3) Is this what is causing my probelm and how can i test this part?

Thanks

Adam

not sure if this helps but i had the same problem with my 95 vr6

basicly there is a small white plastic lever which fits onto a lever on the door locking mech

it has 2 forks on it one which the central locking lever hooks on to and also the door lock pin

and the other holds them in place.

the one i had the holding fork had broken and basic what happens is the rods fall out and no longer work.

the great thing is vw stil stock them and they are all of £0.49 pence inc vat (poss the cheepest fix on a corrado)

take the door card off and the door locking mech and have a look

kel